Selene (Luna) “Our Lady of Silver, the Moon maiden, the Night White Lady”
Selene is the Moon-goddess daughter of the titans Hyperion and Theia. She appears as a beautiful woman carrying a torch with a pale face with a half-moon on her head, riding a silver chariot pulled by a pair of oxen.
Helios, the sun, is Selene’s brother: after her brother, Helios, finishes his journey across the sky, Selene, freshly washed in the waters of Earth-circling Ocean, begins her own journey as night falls upon the earth, which becomes lit from the radiance of her immortal head and golden crown.
Selene loved a mortal, the handsome shepherd, named Endymion, from Asia Minor. He was so handsome that Selene asked Zeus to grant him eternal sleep so he would never leave her. The sanctuary of Endymion at Heracleia under Latmus on the southern slope of Latmus exists as a horseshoe-shaped chamber with an entrance hall and pillared forecourt.
Originally Posted by Phaedros of the Dicefreaks d20 Community.
Selûne, the Moonmaiden, Our Lady of Silver, the Moonmaiden, the Night White Lady
Symbol: Two darkly beautiful female eyes surrounded by a circle of seven silver stars
Home Plane: The Gates of the Moon, Olympus
Alignment: Chaotic good
Portfolio: Good and neutral lycanthropes, moon, navigation, questers, stars, wanderers
Worshipers: Female spellcasters, good and neutral lycanthropes, navigators, monks, sailors
Cleric Alignments: CG, CN, NG
Domains: Chaos, Good, Moon, Protection, Travel
Favored Weapon: “The Rod of Four Moons” (heavy mace)
|Wizard 23, Cleric 20, Fighter 14, Bard 12|
|Medium outsider (Chaotic, Good)|
|Hit Dice||23d4+184 (Wiz) plus 20d8+160 (Clr) plus 14d10+112 (Ftr) plus 12d6+96 (Brd) (1016 hp)|
|Initiative||+11 (+11 Dexterity)|
|Speed||60 ft. (12 squares)|
|95 (+11 Dexterity, +14 armor, +15 divine, +30 natural, +15 deflection), touch 51, flat-footed 84|
|Attack||The Rod of Four Moons +76 melee (1d8+35 plus +3d6 holy/19-20/x3 plus +6d6 holy); or Moonblade +67 melee (1d8+16/17-20 plus magic scramble); or spell +59 melee touch or +60 ranged touch.|
|Full Attack||The Rod of Four Moons +76/+71/+66 melee (1d8+35 plus +3d6 holy/19-20/x3 plus +6d6 holy); or Moonblade +67/+62/+57 melee (1d8+16/19-20 plus magic scramble); or spell +59 melee touch or +60 ranged touch.|
|Space/Reach||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks||Domain powers, salient divine abilities, spell-like abilities, spells, turn undead 19/day|
|Bardic knowledge +34, bardic music (countersong, fascinate, inspire competence, inspire courage +4, inspire greatness, inspire heroics, mass suggestion, suggestion) 12/day, divine aura (1500 ft., DC 40), divine immunities, DR 25/epic and silver, familiar (owls), fire resistance 20, godly realm (10 miles Outer Plane, 1500 ft. Material Plane), greater teleport at will, plane shift at will, remote communication 15 miles, SR 81, understand, speak, and read all languages and speak directly to all beings within 15 miles|
|Saves||Fort +56, Ref +56, Will +70|
|Abilities||Strength 26, Dexterity 32, Constitution 26, Intelligence 43, Wisdom 45, Charisma 41|
|Skills||Appraise +31 (+35 alchemy), Balance +70, Bluff +60, Concentration +82, Craft (alchemy) +73, Decipher Script +46, Diplomacy +116, Disguise +30 (+34 acting), Escape Artist +71, Handle Animal +70, Heal +104, Hide +51, Intimidate +74, Jump +52, Knowledge (arcana) +101, Knowledge (geography) +69, Knowledge (history) +91, Knowledge (nature) +75, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +71, Knowledge (religion) +101, Knowledge (the planes) +91, Listen +57, move silently +76, Perform (sing) +60, Ride (horse) +55, Search +54, Sense Motive +81, Spellcraft +108, Survival +72 (+76 avoid getting lost, +76 natural, +78 planar, +74 tracking), Tumble +55, Use Rope +26 (+32 bindings)|
|Feats||Blind-Fight, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Craft Rod, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Item, Delay Spell, Divine Might, Dodge, Eschew Materials, Forge Ring, Greater Spell Penetration, Heighten Spell, Improved Combat Expertise, Improved Critical (heavy mace), Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip,Maximize Spell, Mobility, Power Attack, Quicken Spell, Reach Spell, Sacred Spell, Scribe Scroll, Spell Penetration, Spring Attack, Still Spell, Weapon Focus (heavy mace), Weapon Specialization (heavy mace), Whirlwind Attack|
|Epic Feats||Epic Spellcasting, Epic Weapon Focus (heavy mace), Epic Weapon Specialization (heavy mace), Improved Heighten Spell, Multispell|
|Alter Form, Alter Size (b), Arcane Mastery, Annihilating Strike (Fort DC 33, or destroy up to 15,000 cubic feet of nonliving matter), Area Divine Shield (up to 15 10-foot squares, or a sphere or hemisphere with a radius of up to 15 feet), Avatar (b), Divine Blast (18/day, up to 15 miles, 30d12 damage), Divine Blessing (Wisdom), Divine Inspiriation (frenzy, Will DC 40, up to 15 creatures/day), Divine Shield (11/day, stops 150 points of damage), Divine Spellcasting, Divine Weapon Focus (heavy mace), Divine Weapon Specialization (heavy mace), Extra Domain (Travel), Lay Curse (Will DC 40, up to 15 creatures/day), Lay Quest (up to 15 creatures/day), Lycanthrope Mastery*, Mass Divine Blast (up to 75 targets, no two of which can be more than 15 miles apart, or a cone up to 1,500 ft. long, or a burst or spread with a radius of up to 750 ft. and a height of up to 150 ft.), Posess Mortal (Will DC 40, up to 10 mortals at once), Shapechange*Unique ability, see below.|
|Environment||The Gates of the Moon|
|Treasure||The Rod of Four Moons, Lunar Mail, Moonblade|
– Alter Reality: Selûne can use the wish spell with regard to her portfolio, save for the replication of other spells. This ability costs Selûne no XP, and requires a standard action to implement. As a free action 15/day, for one round at a time, Selûne may add +16 to her effective spellcaster level.
– Divine Immunities: Ability damage, ability drain, acid, cold, death effects, disease, disintegration, electricity, energy drain, mind-affecting effects, Paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, transmutation, imprisonment, banishment.
– Domain Powers: Cast chaos spells at +1 caster level; cast good spells at +1 caster level; 19/day turn or destroy lycanthropes; 15/day protective ward (touched subject gains +20 resistance bonus on next saving throw, maximum duration 1 hour); 20 rounds/day freedom of movement.
– *Lycanthrope Mastery (unique salient divine ability): No lycanthrope can raise a hand against the Goddess of the Moon. They may flee or stand their ground, but any attempt to cast a spell or make an attack with Selûne as the target or within the area of effect causes the creature to be stunned for 1 round (prior to actually making the action) unless they succeed at a Will save (DC 59).
– Spell-Like Abilities: Selûne uses these abilities as a 84th-level caster, except for chaos spells and good spells, which she uses as a 85th-level caster.
The save DCs are 51 + spell level. Aid, animal shapes, animate objects, antimagic field, astral projection, Blade Barrier, chaos hammer, cloak of chaos, dimension door, dispel evil, dispel law, emotion, expeditious retreat, faerie fire, find the path, fly, greater teleport, holy aura, holy smite, holy word, insanity, locate object, magic circle against evil, magic circle against law, mind blank, moon blade, moon path, moonbeam, moonfire, permanent image, phase door, prismatic sphere, protection from energy, protection from evil, protection from law, repulsion, sanctuary, shatter, shield other, spell immunity, Spell Resistance, summon monster IX (as chaos or good spell), word of chaos.
– Spells: As a 23th level wizard (39th with Alter Reality), +38 vs. SR (+54 with Alter Reality); a 20th level cleric (36th with Alter Reality), +35 vs. SR (+51 with Alter Reality); and as a 12th level bard (28th with Alter Reality), +27 vs. SR (+43 with Alter Reality). Selûne’s spells always appear as streaking moonbeams, altering to their true spell effects only when they near their intended target or area of effect. Selûne may cast up to 7 epic arcane and up to 7 epic divine spells per day, up to DC 118 (when taking 10).
– Bard Spells Known: (3/7/7/7/6; base DC 26 + spell level):
- 0 – dancing lights, daze, detect magic, mage hand, mending, read magic;
- 1st – hypnotism, mage armor, protection from evil, silent image;
- 2nd – bull’s strength, locate object, silence, hideous laughter;
- 3rd – dispel magic, magic circle against evil, major image, scrying;
- 4th – break enchantment, locate creature, rainbow pattern.
– Wizard Spells Per Day (levels 1-16): (4/8/8/8/8/7/7/7/7/6/3/3/3/2/2/2/2; base DC = 27 + spell level).
– Cleric Spells Per Day (levels 1-17): (6/10/9/9/9/9/7/7/7/7/3/3/3/3/2/2/2/2; base DC = 28 + spell level).
Selûne carries the Rod of Four Moons, a +10 defending disruption holy power heavy mace that can also duplicate the effects of a rod of security or cast hold monster (Will DC 48), polymorph any object (Fort DC 51), lightning bolt (Ref DC 46), or ressurection at will as a standard action. (Caster Level: 69th; Weight: 12 lb.)
Selûne’s scale mail, which she wears only in battle, has opalescent, perfectly round scales that glow with a dim silver light. It acts as a +9 glamered elven chain of etherealness, and Selûne sometimes lends it to beings on a quest or performing a service for her. Selûne suffers no check penalty, spell failure, or maximum dexterity bonus when wearing the armor, and she retains its AC benefit even when she has lent it away. (Caster Level: 69th; Weight: 20 lb.)
Selûne uses the Moonblade as a secondary weapon. Springing into existance from her hand, the blade of moonlight is weightless and silent, and cannot be dropped, disarmed, given to another being, or broken. It’s strikes cause no visible wounds, but drain away vitality, dealing damage as a +8 longsword. undead are visibly wounded by it, and they take double damage.
A strike with the moonblade scrambles magic – if the target fails a Will save (DC 60), they may not cast any spells or use any spell-like abilities during their next turn. Any existing spells active upon their person are suspended for that round, and any magical items they wield do not function for that round. (This effect lasts only for one round after being struck, regardless of how many times they were hit during the preceeding round). (Caster Level: 69th; Weight: 0 lb.)
Other Divine Powers
– As an intermediate deity, Selûne automatically reives a die result of 20 on any check. She treats a 1 on an attack roll or saving throw normally and not as an automatic failure. She is immortal.
– Senses: Selûne can see, hear, touch, and smell at a distance of fifteen miles. As a standard action, she can perceive anything within fifteen miles of her worshipers, holy sites, objects, or any location where one of her titles or name was spoken in the last hour. She can extend her senses to up to ten locations at once. She can block the sensing power of deities of her rank or lower at up to two remote locations at once for up to 15 hours.
– Portfolio Sense: Selûne senses any act that takes place under the open light of the moon the instant it happens and retains the sensation for fifteen ten days after the event occurs.
– Automatic Actions: Selûne can use Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (nature), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Knowledge (the planes), or Knowledge (religion) as a free action if the DC for the task is 25 or lower. She can perform up to 10 such free actions each round.
– Create Magic Items: Selûne can create any kind of magic item that bestows healing, affects shapechangers, or allows the use of spells from the Moon domain spell list, as long as the item’s market price does not exceed 200,000 gp.
– The physical appearance of Selûne’s avatar changes with the phases of the moon. Sometimes, she takes the form of a dusky-hued, long-limbed, human woman of exquisite beauty, with long, white hair framing a perfect face marked with stunning, lime-green eyes.
At other times, the avatar is a ghostly, lithe, young girl with dark hair and eyes who wears diaphanous robes the color of dappled moonlight. At other times, she is matronly and aging gracefully, with ample softness around the edges. Her appearance grows more radiant or more subdued with the changing of the moons, though such superficial alterations have no effect upon her powers. Selûne’s avatars ply the Outer Planes in search of magical lore.