Loviatar (Maiden of Pain, the Willing Whip)
Loviatar is a daughter of Tuoni, the god of death in Lapland she is said to be the worst of all her sisters. She was impregnated by wind and gave birth to nine sons, the Nine diseases. She is mentioned in the Kalevala.
She is worshiped in Pohjola.
Originally Posted byhe Black Hand of Bane:
Posted by Palindrome of the Dicefreaks forums.
Maiden of Pain, the Willing Whip
Symbol: Nine-tailed barbed scourge
Home Plane: Barrens of Doom and Despair
Portfolio: Pain, hurt, agony, tormet, suffering, torture
Worshipers: Beguilers, torturers, evil warriors, the depraved, Iku-Turso’s
Cleric Alignments: LE, LN, NE
Domains: Evil, Law, Pain, Retribution, Strength, Suffering
Favored Weapon: “Painbringer” (scourge)
|Fighter 15/Lasher 10/Oppressor 10/sorcerer 15|
|Medium outsider (evil, lawful)|
|Hit Dice||15d10 (fighter) +10d10 (lasher) +10d8 (oppressor) +15d4 (sorcerer) plus 700 (1,090 hp)|
|Initiative||+21 (+13 Dexterity +8 Superior Initiative)|
|Speed||60 ft. (12 squares)|
|Armor Class||72 (+13 Dexterity, +10 divine, +25 natural, +14 deflection), touch 47, flat-footed 59|
|Attack||Painbringer +71 melee (1d8+20+3d6 unholy and 1 negative level /19-20); or spell +56 melee touch or +69 ranged touch.|
|Full Attack||Painbringer-crack of doom +67/+67/+67/+62/+57/+52 melee (1d8+20+3d6 unholy and 1 negative level /19-20); or by spell.|
|Space/Reach||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks||Domain powers, salient divine abilities, spell-like abilities, spells, sneak attack+9d6, crack of fate, crack of doom, death spiral, stunning snap|
|Special Qualities||Divine aura (1,000 feet, DC 34), divine immunities, DR 20/epic and silver, cold resistance 15, godly realm (1 miles outer plane, 1,000 ft. Material Plane), lesser teleport at will, plane shift at will, remote communication, SR 67, speak, and read all languages and speak directly to all beings within 10 miles, fast healing 60, close combat, whip lash, third hand, lashing whip, keep awake, intimidating edict, greater intimidation, infamy, intimidating presence|
|Saves||Fort +55, Ref +54, Will +45|
|Abilities||Strength 32, Dexterity 36, Constitution 38, Intelligence 22, Wisdom 26, Charisma 38|
|Skills||Balance +40, Bluff +44, Climb +39, Craft (alchemy) +31, Craft (leatherworking) +31, Diplomacy +36, Escape Artist +44, Gather Information +39, Intimidate +107, Jump +36, Knowledge (arcane) +41, Listen +38, Search +36, Sense Motive+38, Spellcraft +45, Spot +42, Rope Use +49|
|Feats||CombatExpertise(B), Combat Reflexes, Corrupt Spell, Deflect Arrows (B), Diehard, Endurance (B), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (scourge) (B), Great Fortitude, Greater Weapon Focus (scourge) (B), Improved Disarm(B), Improved Grapple (B), Improved Initiative(B), Improved Trip(B), Improved Unarmed Strike (B), Iron Will, Lighting Reflexes, Violate Spell, Weapon Focus (scourge) (B), Weapon Specialization (scourge) (B)|
|Epic Feats||Armed Deflection, Epic Endurance, Epic Fortitude, Epic Reflexes, Epic Skill Focus (Intimidate), Epic Weapon Focus (scourge), Epic Will, Improved Combat Reflexes, Spellcasting Harrier, Superior Initiative|
|Environment||Barrens of Doom and Despair|
– Alter Reality: Loviatar can use the wish spell with regard to her portfolio, save for the replication of other spells. This ability costs Loviatar no XP, and requires a standard action to implement. Loviatar may add +14 to her weapon damage.
-Domain Powers: Cast evil and law spells at +1 caster level, once per day convert up to 10 points of damage taken into hp, if struck in combat may do maximum damage with next attack against that individual once per day. +10 to strength 1/day for 1 round.
– Divine Immunities: Ability damage, ability drain, acid, death effects, disease, disintegration, energy drain, fire, mind-affecting effects, Paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, transmutation, imprisonment, banishment.
– Salient Divine Abilities: Divine Blast, Divine Fast Healing (x2), Divine Inspiration (despair), Divine Skill Focus (Intimidate), Divine Weapon Focus (scourge), Extra Domain (law), Extra Domain (strength), Frightful Presence, Maiden of Pain, Touch of Agony, Wound Enemy
– Spell-Like Abilities: Loviatar uses these abilities as a 60th level caster, except for evil and law spells, which he uses as a 61st level caster. The save DCs are 44 + spell level.
Angry Ache, bane, banishment, bear’s endurance, bestow curse, clenched fist, crushing hand, grasping hand, blasphemy, bull’s strength, calm emotions, create undead, desecrate, dictum, discern location, dispel chaos, dispel good, energy drain, enervation, enlarge person, Eternity of Torture, fire shield, harm, hold monster, horrid wilting, Liquid Pain, magic circle against chaos, magic circle against good, magic vestment, mark of justice, order’s wraith, Pox, protection from chaos, protection from good, righteous might, Sadism, shield of faith, shield of law, speak with dead, spell immunity, spell turning, stoneskin, storm of vengeance, summon monster IX, symbol of pain, Thousand Needles, unholy aura, unholy blight, wave of exhaustion, Wave of Pain, Wrack
-Close Combat: Loviatar can attack an enemy in a threatened square with a whip or scourge and not provoke an attack of opportunity.
-Wound (Ex): Loviatar can inflict normal or subdual damage with a Whip.
-Whip Lash (Ex): Loviatar can use a Whip or scourge to make attacks against foes within 5 feet as if using a melee weapon.
-Third Hand (Ex): When using a Whip or scourge, Loviatar can use it as a third hand at the end of a flexible long arm as a standard action.
-Crack of Fate (Ex): Loviatar can make one extra attack per round with a Whip or scourge at her highest base attack bonus. Each attack suffers a ·2 penalty. She must use a full attack action to use crack of fate.
-Stunning Snap (Ex): Ten times per day, Loviatar can use a scourge or Whip to stun an enemy. The foe struck must make a Fort save (DC: 32) and in addition to taking damage, be stunned for one round.
-Crack of Doom(Ex): Loviatar can make two extra attacks per per round with a Whip or scourge at her highest base attack bonus. Each attack suffers a ·4 penalty. She must use a full attack action to use crack of doom, and it does not stack with crack of fate.
-Death Spiral (Su): Once per day, Loviatar can spin a Whip or scourge over her head with supernatural speed. All enemies within 15 foot radius must make a Ref save with a DC of Loviatar·s attack roll. Those who fail are stunned for 1d4+1 rounds. Stunned enemies must make a Fort saves (DC: 18 ) or become helpless for 1d4-1 rounds. Allies in ranged are spared the effects.
-Keep Awake (Ex): When Loviatar deals enough damage to reduce an enemy to fewer then 0 hit points, she may instead choose to deal enough damage to disable that opponent. (placing them at exactly 0 hit points). Furthermore if Loviatar has dealt a creature non-lethal damage that would normally cause unconsciousness, she may choose to only deal enough to render the opponent staggered.
-Brutal Grappler (Ex): Loviatar can add her sneak attack damage to the unarmed damage she deals when grappling. All damage from this attack is considered nonlethal.
-Intimidating Edict (Sp): If Loviatar uses her keep awake ability in full view of bystanders with Intelligence scores of 3 or higher, he can issue an edict admonishing those bystanders to perform or avoid a particular action. This works exactly like a Mass suggestion cast by a 50th level caster. The save DC is 30. She can do this once per day.
-Intimidating Presence (Su): Any creature that attempts to harm Loviatar with an Intelligence of 3 or higher that attempts to attack Loviatar must make a Will save (DC: 34) or become shaken for 1 round as if she were the target of a successful intimidation check by Loviatar.
-Greater Intimidation (Ex): When Loviatar uses her intimidation skill to change another·s behavior, the attempt takes only 5 rounds instead of the usual 1 minute. Using it to demoralize an enemy requires only a move-equivalent action rather then a standard action.
Maiden of Pain (unique SDA): Loviatar is always constantly under the effects of a Sadism and Masochism spells and gains their full bonus, also any spell of effect that inflicts pain instead gives her a circumstance bonus to attacks and damage equal to the level of the spell. (ex. symbol of pain gives her a bonus of +7, as a 7th level spell). She will commonly injure herself prior to combat to gain the edge and destroy her enemy while her fast healing repairs her wounds.
Any wound she inflicts causes intense agony to the target, which results in a ·4 circumstance penalty to attacks, damage, saving throws, and skill checks. Also half of all damage she inflicts is considered vile damage.
Touch of Agony (unique SDA): Loviatar is the goddess of agony in all its· forms and has power to aid her inflict it upon others. The very touch of Loviatar inflicts wracking pain on the target. The target must make a Fort save (DC: 68 ). Any failing this saving throw are stunned for three rounds. Creatures immune to critical hits are not affected by this(such as undead, constructs, etc.
Though those protected by equipment such as heavy fortification enchantments are still subject to it.). Her touch can also induce an effect similar to that of the drug agony (Liquid Pain). Any she touches suffer the effects of ingesting the drug (Fort DC: 74), they must also make a second save to not develop an immediate addiction to the drug (Fort DC: 49)
– Spells: As a 15th level sorcerer, 16th level for evil and law spells.
–sorcerer Spells Known (Levels 1-7): 6/10/10/9/9/9/9/7; base DC: 24 + spell level
- 0- daze, detect magic, mage hand, message, no light, preserve organ, Read Magic , Slash Tongue, Unnerving Gaze
- 1- Bestow Wound, Black Bag, Chill Touch, Corrosive Grasp, spirit worm
- 2- Alter Self, Cat’s Grace, detect thoughts, scorching ray, Slow Consumption, Web
- 3- love’s pain, Lightning Bolt , acid Breath, Suggestion
- 4- crushing despair, dimensional anchor, grim revenge, wall of ice
- 5- burning blood, dominate person, mind fog, nightmare
- 6- acid fog, greater dispel magic, mass suggestion
- 7- rapture of rupture, Whirlwind of Teeth
– Possessions: Loviatar carries Painbringer, a +7 unholy power Strength Sapping scourge , it also has all the powers of a pain extractor and gives her a +10 bonus on Intimidate checks used to torture a victim. Painbringer inflicts 1d8 damage counts as a Whip for any lasher abilities and also allows her to use touch attacks through it. (Will save DC: 65) (Caster Level: 25th, Weight: 3 lb.).
Other Divine Powers
– As a lesser deity, Loviatar may take 10 on any check. Loviatar treats a 1 on an attack roll or saving throw normally and not as an automatic failure. She is immortal.
– Senses: Loviatar can see (using normal vision or Low-Light Vision), hear, touch, and smell at a distance of ten miles. As a standard action, she can perceive anything within ten miles of her worshipers, holy sites, objects, or any location where one of her titles or name was spoken in the last hour. She can extend his senses to up to five locations at once. She can block the sensing power of deities of her rank or lower at up to two remote locations at once for 10 hours.
– Portfolio Sense: Loviatar can sense any inflicting or receiving of pain that affects at least five hundred people.
– Automatic Actions: Loviatar can use Bluff, Craft (leatherworking), Intimidate, and Rope Useas a free action if the DC for the task is 20 or lower. She can perform up to five such free actions each round.
– Create Magic Items: Loviatar can create any kind of magical arms or armor or any magic item that inflicts pain
The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks
By Timothy S. Brannan and The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks Team
Of the Finnish, the people who ran from the woods,” few Goddesses are as evil and sadistic as Lovitar, Maiden of Pain. Witches of Lovitar dispense pain to all of their enemies. Typical garb is white and all kinds of Daggers are allowed as weapons. Her coven spells deal primarily with pain and cold.
- Alignment: NE
- Areas of Influence: Cold, Evil, Pain