Wolverine (James Howlett / Logan)
Logan, also known as James Howlett and the Wolverine, is a complex and multifaceted character in the Marvel Comics universe. He is a mutant with adamantium claws, a regenerative healing factor, and heightened senses, making him one of the most formidable warriors in the Marvel Comics world. Despite his incredible abilities, Logan is plagued by a violent and tragic past, making him a brooding and often isolated figure.
The evolution of Logan’s Wolverine in the Marvel Comics world has been marked by his connection to other iconic characters, the evolution of his abilities, and the portrayal of his personality. He has been a key figure in shaping the Marvel Comics landscape, particularly in terms of his role in Marvel Comics relationships, crossover events, and team dynamics.
Logan’s relationship with Jean Grey has had a lasting impact on Marvel Comics romance and drama storytelling. He has also been a mentor to many, leaving a legacy of leadership in the X-Men and impacting Marvel Comics solo hero storytelling. Despite his reputation as a loner, Logan has been an important member of many teams, including the X-Force, and has played a key role in many team-ups and crossovers, further solidifying his significance in the pantheon of Marvel Comics characters.
Logan’s time in Weapon X has been a defining moment in his life, influencing the development of his character in the Marvel Comics world. He has been experimented on, had his memories tampered with, and been forced to do things against his will, leaving him with deep psychological scars. Despite this, Logan continues to fight for what he believes in, even if it means putting himself in harm’s way. He has a strong sense of justice and will do what is right, even if it goes against the law or the opinions of others.
Logan’s influence on Marvel Comics antihero community is significant, and his relationship with Rogue has left a lasting legacy in the Marvel Comics universe. Despite his gruff exterior, Logan is a caring and compassionate individual who will do whatever it takes to protect those he loves. He is fiercely independent, often relying on his instincts to guide him, but is not afraid to ask for help when he needs it.
In summary, Logan is a complex, brooding, and often violent character with a rich history in the Marvel Comics universe. He is a skilled warrior with incredible abilities and a deep sense of justice, making him one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Comics world. The portrayal of Logan in Marvel Comics media adaptations has showcased his impact on the Marvel Comics universe and solidified his legacy in the Marvel Comics fandom. With his enduring impact on the Marvel Comics world, James Howlett, Logan, and the Wolverine will always be remembered as one of the most significant characters in the Marvel Comics universe.
Originally Posted by Bane of the Dicefreaks D20 Discussion Board
|Logan (born James Howlett), Wolverine|
|Wounds||62 WP Vitality 507 VP (26d10+338)|
|AC||30 (+6 Dexterity, +14 defense), touch 30, flat footed 16|
|Attack||Claw +42 melee (3d8+16/18-20); or unarmed strike +35 melee (2d10+9)|
|Full Attack||Claw flurry +40/+40/+40/+35/+30/+25 melee (3d8+18/18-20) and +40/+35/+30 melee (3d8+13/18-20); or flurry of blows +35/+35/+35/+30/+25/+20 melee (2d10+9)|
|Space/Reach||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Adamantium claws, berserker rage, death attack (DC 25), sneak attack +4d6, Stunning Fist (DC 29)|
|Damage reduction 20/piercing or slashing, healing factor, regeneration 40, sexy beast, superhuman senses, Weapon X training|
|Saves||Fort +29, Ref +20, Will +24|
|Abilities||Strength 28, Dexterity 23, Constitution 36, Intelligence 15, Wisdom 22, Charisma 20|
|Skills||Balance +28, Bluff +20, Climb +24, Computer Use +7, Concentration +28, Craft (carpentry) +17, Diplomacy +24, Disguise +15 (+17 acting), Drive +16, Escape Artist +16, Gather Information +15, Hide +26, Intimidate +27, Jump +26, Listen +36, Move Silently +26, Ride +11, Pilot +16, Profession (solider) +16, Search +22, Sense Motive +26, Spot +36, Surival +31 (+56 Tracking), Swim +19, Treat Injury +16, Tumble +28|
|Feats||Cleave, Combat Expertise, Combat Reflexes, Dodge, Endurance, Great Cleave, Great Fortitude, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Critical (claw), Improved Initiative, Improved Toughness, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Leap Attack, Mobility, Power Attack, Quick Reconnoiter, Spring Attack, Track, Two-Weapon Fighting, Whirlwind Attack|
|Epic Feats||Dire Charge, Epic Will, Improved Combat Reflexes, Superior Initiative, Two-Weapon Rend|
|Climate/Terrain||Westchester County, New York|
|Organization||Solitary (Unique) or X-Men (group) or Avengers (group)|
Logan possesses three foot long bone claws on each arm. When not in use, they retract into his forearms. When his skeleton was bonded with adamantium by Dr. Cornelius it also bonded to his claws, giving Logan weapons of incredibly deadly properties. Wolverine bypasses armor-based damage reduction and hardness using his claws. Against natural damage reduction, he ignores half of it. Logan receives a +7 bonus to attack and damage rolls with his claws.
Wolverine can enter a berserker fury in combat. In this state he becomes
a whirlwind of ferocity, cutting a merciless path through his enemies. The following effects occur when he is in a rage:
- Receives a +3 damage per -2 attack with Power Attack (+5 per -2 with Leap Attack).
- Ignores any debilitating effects from pain, fatigue, or exhaustion.
- Gains 130 temporary vitality points and 10 wound points.
- Loses defense bonus to Armor Class.
- -10 penalty to Reflex saves
- +10 bonus to Will saves.
Logan can enter a berserker rage at will as a swift action, or immediately upon taking wound damage. Logan remains in his rage until he makes a successful Will save (DC 43), or until there remain no enemies within range of his senses.
Wolverine possesses an incredibly powerful mutant healing factor. He has shown the ability to recover from near death in moments. Many foolish enemies have thought an injured Logan was unable to fight, which lead to their own demises.
- Logan gains a number of benefits from his healing factor:
- Immunity to all diseases and poisons with a DC under 30. He receives a +10 to save against all other disease and poisons.
- Logan ages at an extremely reduced rate. For every five years that pass, he
ages roughly one year.
- If Logan receives a saving throw against any Fortitude effect for half damage, and is successful, he suffers no damage. If he fails, he suffers half damage.
- Logan must be reduced to -62 WP before going down.
- Logan is never considered flanked.
- Missing Logan with a melee attack provokes an attack of opportunity from him.
- Logan gains a +6 bonus to attack and damage rolls when fighting unarmed.
- Logan gains a +2 bonus to AC for every -1 penalty he takes to attack while using Combat Expertise.
- Logan’s unarmed strikes deal bludgeoning, slashing, or piercing damage, as he sees fit. It is a free action to change the type of damage he deals.
Despite appearing to be a five foot tall, walking coat with a bad attitude, Logan seems to find himself always beset by the most beautiful of women. He receives a +5 on all Charisma-based checks when dealing with the opposite sex; this bonus increases to +8 if they are underaged.
All of Wolverine’s senses are enhanced to superhuman level. Logan’s senses are second only to Daredevil’s, and his sense of smell exceeds even that of the Man without Fear. Wolverine is able to see in the dark as easily as he can see in light and up to three times further than a normal human. He receives a +15 bonus on all Spot checks.
- Logan is able to Track by Scent, like an animal, and receives a +25 bonus to do so. He can also Track a trail up to twice the time it would normally have been trackable before vanishing.
- His sense of smell is so accurate that Logan is considered to have Blindsense
up to 30 feet.
- Wolverine receives a +15 bonus on all Listen checks.
Weapon X Training
Logan has receive large amounts of training in his life. He served as a soldier in World War I, a special operative during World War II, in the government black ops, and he has had extensive VR training by the Weapon X project. All this has helped make him a living weapon and the best at what he does:
- Death Attack as an assassin of ½ his HD.
- Sneak Attack +4d6.
- If Logan is subject to an attack that allows a Reflex save for half damage, and is successful, he takes no damage. If he fails, he takes full damage.
- Logan is able to hide in any surrounding, even if he is being observed by another.
- +5 training bonus to Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Search, and
Logan is more vulnerable to attacks that assault his senses. He takes 50% more damage from sonic attacks.
Unstable molecule uniform.