Captain, Edward Low, the Notorious Pirate Captain,
“Meet Edward Low: The Ruthless Pirate Whose Brutality Shook the High Seas!”
- Alias: Ned Low
- Gender: Male
- Race: English
- Occupation: Pirate Captain
- Religion: Unknown
- Allies: Various pirate crews
- Enemies: Naval authorities, merchant ships, rival pirates
- Abode/Base of operations: The high seas, Caribbean, Atlantic Ocean
- Nationality: English
- Languages: English, Pirate cant
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Affiliation(s): Independent pirate, occasionally allied with other pirates
- Significant others: Deceased wife, daughter Elizabeth
Edward Low, a notorious pirate of English descent, is a man driven by a relentless desire for power and wealth. He fears nothing but obscurity, and his insatiable appetite for cruelty knows no bounds. Low, with his quarrelsome and ruthless nature, has always been drawn to a life of crime. From his early days as a pickpocket in the gritty streets of London, he displayed a knack for deceit and a love for the thrill of cheating.
Low’s journey took him across the ocean to the New World, where he continued his criminal exploits. His wife’s tragic death during childbirth marked a turning point, leaving him with their daughter, Elizabeth, and a profound sense of regret. In his later piratical career, Low’s conscience was tainted by the memory of his lost family, and he vowed never to press-gang married men into joining his lawless crews, showing a glimmer of humanity amidst the chaos.
This ruthless pirate’s ultimate goal is to amass unparalleled riches and establish a legacy that will etch his name into history. Low’s reputation for unparalleled brutality is his weapon of choice, a means to secure his position as a feared and legendary figure of the high seas. As he plunders ships and amasses treasure, his hunger for dominance drives him onward, forever craving the power and notoriety that his pirate empire promises to bestow upon him.
Captain, Edward Low, the Notorious Pirate Captain
Medium humanoid (human), neutral evil
Armor Class 15 (leather armor) Hit Points 110 (20d8 + 20) Speed 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||16 (+3)||12 (+1)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)||16 (+3)|
Skills Acrobatics +5, Athletics +4, Deception +6, Intimidation +6, Perception +2 Senses passive Perception 12 Languages English, Pirate cant Challenge 9 (5,000 XP)
- Savage Pirate. Edward Low revels in brutality. When he deals damage with a melee weapon, he can reroll any 1s and 2s on the damage dice.
- Ruthless Intimidator. Edward Low adds his Charisma modifier to all Intimidation checks.
- Multiattack. Edward Low makes two cutlass attacks.
- Cutlass. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (1d8 + 3) slashing damage.
- Pistol Shot. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 30/90 ft., one target. Hit: 9 (2d8) piercing damage. On a hit, the target must succeed on a DC 14 Constitution saving throw or be frightened until the end of its next turn.
- Grenade (Recharge 5-6). Edward Low throws a makeshift grenade that explodes in a 15-foot radius. Each creature in the area must make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw, taking 27 (6d8) fire damage on a failed save, or half as much on a successful one.
- Parley (1/Day). Edward Low is skilled at negotiation when he wishes to be. He can attempt to parley with a hostile creature within 30 feet. The target must make a Wisdom saving throw (DC 15) or be willing to engage in peaceful conversation for 1 minute.
- Evasion. When Edward Low is subjected to an effect that allows him to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, he instead takes no damage on a successful save.
Legendary Actions Edward Low can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time, and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Edward Low regains spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.
- Cutlass Attack. Edward Low makes a cutlass attack.
- Pistol Shot (Costs 2 Actions). Edward Low makes a pistol shot.
- Disengage. Edward Low uses the Disengage action and moves up to half his speed.
Equipment Edward Low carries his signature cutlass, a brace of pistols, a bandolier of grenades, leather armor, a tricorn hat, and a blood-soaked red sash.
- Low’s Red Skeleton Flag. This tattered red flag, emblazoned with a grinning white skull, once flew on Low’s ship. When displayed, it strikes fear into the hearts of all who see it. While the flag is displayed, friendly creatures within 60 feet of it have advantage on saving throws against being frightened. Additionally, any enemy within the same range has disadvantage on saving throws against fear effects.
Lair Actions On his home ship, Edward Low can take lair actions. On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), he can take one lair action to cause one of the following effects:
- The ship rocks violently, requiring all creatures on deck to make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or fall prone.
- Edward Low issues an intimidating command, forcing all creatures within 60 feet to make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute.
- Edward Low fires a warning shot, dealing 20 (4d8) damage to a random unoccupied space on the ship’s deck, creating a hazard that remains for 1 minute.
Description Edward Low stands at average height with a muscular build, his weathered face adorned with a thick black beard and a wicked scar across his left eye. He dons a tricorn hat, a blood-soaked red sash, and worn leather armor. In combat, he wields a menacing cutlass in one hand and a brace of pistols on his belt.
Currently, Edward Low is on the deck of his fearsome pirate ship, The Fancy, surrounded by his ruthless crew. His mood is one of malicious delight as he plots his next raid on an unsuspecting merchant vessel, eager to instill fear in the hearts of sailors across the high seas.
Currently in the World
Edward Low, a towering and robust figure, stands at about 6 feet tall with a rugged, weather-beaten complexion. His sun-bleached, matted brown hair falls wildly to his shoulders, framing a rugged face adorned with a tangled beard and mustache. His piercing gray eyes, concealed beneath a perpetually furrowed brow, exude a ruthless and cunning intensity.
Draped in tattered clothing that bears the unmistakable signs of a life at sea, Low wears a dark, weathered leather jacket over a grimy linen shirt. His trousers, once black, are now faded to a muddy brown and are tucked into battered leather boots that have seen countless battles. A rusty cutlass dangles ominously from his side, and a flintlock pistol is holstered within easy reach.
Currently, Low stands on the deck of his commandeered pirate ship, the “Fancy,” a vessel marked by the scars of countless skirmishes. The salty sea breeze ruffles his unkempt hair as he scans the horizon, ever watchful for signs of merchant ships to plunder.
The mood surrounding Low is one of tense anticipation. His crew, a motley assortment of rogues, awaits his command with a mixture of fear and loyalty. Low’s gaze reflects a deep determination, as he harbors dreams of amassing untold riches through piracy and leaving a legendary legacy in his wake.