Dr. Henry “Hank” Pym is a fictional character that appears in publications published by Marvel Comics.
Henry Pym is a brilliant scientist, inventor, and adventurer. He has always been obsessed with pushing the boundaries of science and discovering new knowledge. His experiments with size-altering technology, including the development of the Pym Particles, have gained him international recognition.
Despite his many accomplishments, Pym has always struggled with personal relationships. He often prioritizes his work over his relationships, which has caused problems with his colleagues and loved ones. His guilt and sense of responsibility have driven him to become a founding member of the Avengers and a defender of the planet.
Henry Pym is a complex character who is constantly seeking new knowledge and working to perfect his technology. He often clashes with his fellow scientists and superheroes, but his intelligence and resourcefulness make him a valuable ally. Pym is also driven by a deep sense of responsibility and a desire to protect the innocent. His work with the Avengers has given him the opportunity to use his inventions for the greater good.
Other relevant characters in Henry Pym’s life include his wife, Janet Van Dyne, who is the superhero Wasp, and his protégé, Scott Lang, who becomes the second Ant-Man. Pym’s relationship with Van Dyne is complicated, as they have had many ups and downs over the years. Lang, on the other hand, is a more grounded and relatable figure who helps Pym reconnect with his humanity. Together, they work to protect the world from danger and advance the boundaries of science.
Medium humanoid (human), lawful good
Armor Class: 17 (mage armor, shield) Hit Points: 130 (20d8 + 40) Speed: 30 ft.
Skills: Arcana +9, Investigation +9, Medicine +8, Nature +9
Senses: passive Perception 14
Languages: Common, Giant, Draconic
Challenge Rating: 8 (3,900 XP)
Genius Intellect. Henry Pym intelligence and knowledge of science and technology are nearly unmatched. He has advantage on all Intelligence (Investigation) and Intelligence (Nature) checks.
Pym Particles. Henry Pym has created and can manipulate Pym Particles, which allow him to grow and shrink in size at will. As an action, he can shrink himself to Tiny size or enlarge himself to Gargantuan size, and his equipment changes size with him. While shrunken, he gains advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks and can move through small spaces. While enlarged, he deals an extra 1d4 damage on all weapon attacks and has advantage on Strength checks.
Multiattack. Henry Pymmakes two attacks with his weapon or uses his Pym Particles to grow or shrink in size.
Pym Particle Blast. Ranged Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, range 120 ft., one target. Hit: 28 (8d6) force damage.
Shrink Ray. Ranged Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, range 120 ft., one target. Hit: The target must make a DC 18 Constitution saving throw. On a failed save, the target shrinks to Tiny size for 1 minute. While shrunken, the target’s Strength score is reduced to 1, and it can’t attack or cast spells. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a success.
Giant-Man Smash. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 22 (3d10 + 6) bludgeoning damage, or 26 (3d10 + 10) bludgeoning damage if Henry Pym is currently enlarged.
Shrinking Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d8 + 6) slashing damage, or 19 (2d8 + 10) slashing damage if Henry Pym is currently shrunk.
Henry Pym is a versatile character, capable of filling multiple roles in a party. He can serve as a frontline fighter with his shrinking and growing abilities, as a support character with his ability to communicate with and control insects, or as a spellcaster with his knowledge of science and technology.
- Bio-Synthetic Wings: Provides a flying speed of 60 feet.
- Pym Particles: Allows Henry to shrink or grow in size, becoming Tiny or Huge. He can also use this ability to increase his strength or dexterity by 10 points, or decrease his constitution by 10 points. This ability lasts for 10 minutes.
- Cybernetic Helmet: Provides Henry with enhanced mental abilities, including telepathy, mind reading, and the ability to control insects. He can also use the helmet to access his Pym Particles and control their effects.
- Ant Communication Device: Allows Henry to communicate with and control ants within a 1-mile radius.
- Bio-Enhanced Suit: Provides Henry with enhanced durability and strength, as well as life support systems and environmental protection.
- Size Manipulation: Henry can use his Pym Particles to shrink or grow in size, becoming as small as an ant or as large as a skyscraper. This ability can also be used to increase his strength or dexterity, or decrease his constitution. While tiny, he gains +2 to his AC and has advantage on Dexterity saving throws. While huge, he gains an extra 1d4 damage to his attacks.
- Insect Control: Henry can use his cybernetic helmet to communicate with and control insects within a 1-mile radius. He can use this ability to summon swarms of insects to attack his enemies or to gather information.
- Flight: Henry can use his bio-synthetic wings to fly at a speed of 60 feet.
- Genius Intellect: Henry is a brilliant scientist and inventor, with expertise in fields such as biology, robotics, and physics. He can use this ability to create new technologies or modify existing ones.
- Expert Combatant: Henry is an experienced fighter, with training in multiple forms of martial arts and weapons. He can use this ability to deal devastating blows to his enemies in close combat.
- Avengers Membership: Henry is a member of the Avengers, a team of superheroes who protect the world from threats. He can use this ability to call upon the resources and allies of the Avengers to aid him in his missions.
CR Level: 9