The Shadow Knows!
The Shadow is a 1994 American superhero film from Universal Pictures, produced by Martin Bregman, Willi Bear, and Michael Scott Bregman, and directed by Russell Mulcahy. It stars Alec Baldwin, supported by John Lone, Penelope Ann Miller, Peter Boyle, Ian McKellen, Jonathan Winters, and Tim Curry. The film is based on the pulp fiction character of the same name created in 1931 by Walter B. Gibson.
The film was released to theaters on July 1, 1994, received mixed reviews and was a commercial failure.
- Alec Baldwin as Lamont Cranston / The Shadow, a wealthy playboy and former Tibetan drug kingpin that operates as a vigilante.
- John Lone as Shiwan Khan, a descendant of Genghis Khan.
- Penelope Ann Miller as Margo Lane, a socialite that befriends Cranston.
- Peter Boyle as Moses “Moe” Shrevnitz, a taxi cab driver that allies with the Shadow.
- Ian McKellen as Dr. Reinhardt Lane, a scientist who is the father of Margo.
- Tim Curry as Farley Claymore, a scientist and former assistant to Dr. Lane who is allied with Shiwan Khan.
- Jonathan Winters as Wainwright Barth, a police commissioner.
- Sab Shimono as Dr. Roy Tam, a China Town resident who becomes an ally of the Shadow.
- Andre Gregory as Burbank, an ally of the Shadow.
- James Hong as Li Peng, a servant of the Tulku.
- Joseph Maher as Isaac Newboldt
- Max Wright as Berger
- Ethan Phillips as Nelson
- Abraham Benrubi and Steve Hynter as Marine Guards
- Kate McGregor Stewart as Mrs. Shrevnitz
- Frank Welker as the voice of Phurba, a mystical dagger.
- Barry Dennen as the voice of Tulku (uncredited)