Count, Graf Orlok – Count Orlok
“Meet the Eerie and Timeless Vampire – Count Orlok, the Original Nosferatu!”
- Alias: Nosferatu, the Undead Count, Graf Orlok
- Gender: Male
- Race: Vampire
- Occupation: Fiendish Predator of the Night
- Religion: None (Cursed with Immortality)
- Allies: Shadows, Nightmares, Creatures of the Night
- Enemies: Sunlight, Holy Symbols, Vampire Hunters
- Abode/Base of Operations: The Dark Castle of Orlok, Deep in the Carpathian Mountains
- Nationality: Transylvanian
- Languages: German, Transylvanian.
- Alignment: Neutral Evil.
- Affiliation(s): The Brotherhood of the Night, Coven of the Damned
- Significant Others: Rumored to have a long-lost love from centuries past.
In the shadowy realms a mysterious and sinister figure roams – Count, Graf Orlok, the enigmatic vampire that haunts the nightmares of mortals. Count Orlok, also known as Nosferatu, is a creature of the night, cursed with immortality and a thirst for blood that knows no bounds. His dark origins are shrouded in secrecy, and his true intentions remain hidden beneath his cold and calculating exterior.
With an aura of elegance and otherworldly charm, he lures unsuspecting victims into his grasp, drawing them into a web of darkness and despair. His chilling presence leaves a trail of fear and fascination, and those who dare cross his path often fall under his hypnotic gaze.
Driven by an insatiable hunger for the life essence of humans, Count Orlok seeks to quench his thirst for eternity. As a creature of the night, he shuns the daylight and thrives in the shadowy corners of the world. In the stillness of the night, he emerges from his ancient dwelling to prowl the streets, seeking out the lifeblood of the living.
But there is more to Count Orlok’s desires than mere survival. Deep within his immortal heart, a longing for companionship and connection lingers, a faint echo of the humanity he once possessed. In his eternal solitude, he yearns for a soulmate to share his immortal existence, someone to understand the burden of his cursed life.
However, Count Orlok’s insatiable hunger and relentless pursuit of his desires make him a fearsome adversary. His power over shadows and ability to manipulate the minds of mortals strike terror into the hearts of those who cross his path. With every feeding, his strength grows, making him even more formidable and dangerous.
As he weaves his way through the annals of history, Count Orlok leaves behind a trail of legends and myths, becoming both a dark symbol of fear and an icon of the macabre. His name is whispered in hushed tones, a cautionary tale of the dangers that lurk in the darkness.
But beyond the fear and horror lies the enigma of Count Orlok – a creature whose existence defies the boundaries of time. With each passing century, he continues his eternal quest for sustenance and companionship, forever haunted by the shadows of his past and the haunting desires that drive him.
Count, Graf Orlok
Medium undead (vampire), neutral evil
Armor Class 18 (natural armor) Hit Points 350 (30d8 + 210) Speed 30 ft., climb 30 ft., fly 60 ft.
|22 (+6)||18 (+4)||24 (+7)||20 (+5)||16 (+3)||22 (+6)|
Saving Throws Str +12, Dex +10, Wis +9 Skills Perception +9, Stealth +10 Damage Resistances necrotic; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks Damage Immunities poison Condition Immunities charmed, exhaustion, poisoned Senses darkvision 120 ft., passive Perception 19 Languages Common, German, Transylvanian Challenge 21 (33,000 XP)
Regeneration. He regains 20 hit points at the start of his turn if he has at least 1 hit point and isn’t in sunlight or running water. If he takes radiant damage or damage from holy water, this trait doesn’t function at the start of his next turn.
Spider Climb. He can climb difficult surfaces, including upside down on ceilings, without needing to make an ability check.
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Count Orlok fails a saving throw, he can choose to succeed instead.
Multiattack. He makes two attacks: one with his bite and one with his claw.
Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 15 (2d8 + 6) piercing damage plus 10 (3d6) necrotic damage. The target’s hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken, and Count Orlok regains hit points equal to that amount. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0.
Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 14 (2d6 + 6) slashing damage.
Charm. Count Orlok targets one humanoid he can see within 30 feet of him. If the target can see Count Orlok, the target must succeed on a DC 19 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or be charmed by him. The charmed target regards Count Orlok as a trusted friend to be heeded and protected. Although the target isn’t under Count Orlok’s control, it takes his requests or actions in the most favorable way it can and is a willing target for Count Orlok’s bite attack.
Children of the Night (1/Day). Count Orlok magically calls 2d4 swarms of bats, 1d4 swarms of rats or 2d4 wolves, provided that the sun isn’t up. While outdoors, Count Orlok can call 3d6 wolves instead. The called creatures arrive in 1d4 rounds, acting as allies of Count Orlok and obeying his spoken commands. The beasts remain for 1 hour, until Count Orlok dies, or until he dismisses them as a bonus action.
Hypnotic Gaze. Count Orlok fixes his gaze on one creature he can see within 30 feet of him. The target must succeed on a DC 19 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or fall unconscious for 1 minute. This effect ends if the target takes damage or another creature uses an action to shake the target awake.
Count Orlok can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Count Orlok regains spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.
Move. He moves up to his speed without provoking opportunity attacks.
Unarmed Strike. He makes one unarmed strike.
Bite (Costs 2 Actions). He makes one bite attack.
On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), Count Orlok takes a lair action to cause one of the following effects; he can’t use the same effect two rounds in a row:
- Count Orlok targets a creature he can see within 60 feet of him. The target must succeed on a DC 19 Wisdom saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
- Count Orlok summons a shadow within 30 feet of him. The shadow lasts until Count Orlok dismisses it as a bonus action or he uses this lair action again.
- Count Orlok creates an area of magical darkness within 60 feet of him that lasts until he uses this lair action again.
The region containing Count Orlok’s lair is warped by his presence, which creates one or more of the following effects:
- The night lasts longer, and the daylight hours seem dim and overcast.
- Bats, wolves, and other creatures of the night are drawn to the region. The presence of these creatures makes stealth checks easier during the night for Count Orlok and his allies.
- Ordinary mirrors become portals to Count Orlok’s lair, and his reflection appears in them even when he’s not nearby.
- Amulet of the Nightshade: This amulet grants Count Orlok additional resistance to radiant damage and grants him advantage on saving throws against holy water.
- Talisman of Domination: This item allows Count Orlok to cast Dominate Person three times per day.
- Dark Bargain Unveiled: The players stumble upon an ancient manuscript hidden in an abandoned crypt. The cryptic text unveils the true origin of Count Orlok’s vampiric curse—a dark bargain made with an ancient deity in exchange for immortality. As the players decipher the cryptic clues, they realize that the key to breaking the curse lies in a long-lost ritual hidden deep within a forgotten temple. Count Orlok seeks their help in retrieving the sacred artifacts needed for the ritual, promising to aid them in their quests in return. The players must decide whether they will aid the Count in his quest for redemption or view him as a threat that must be eliminated to protect the world from his malevolence.
- Plague of the Night: The players arrive in a small village plagued by a mysterious illness that turns its victims into mindless thralls under Count Orlok’s control. As they investigate, they uncover disturbing evidence of the Count’s dark influence over the town. They must race against time to find a cure for the cursed inhabitants and stop the spread of the vampiric plague before it engulfs the entire region. Count Orlok, aware of their presence, plays a deadly cat-and-mouse game with the players, using his minions and illusions to keep them off his trail.
- The Lost Love’s Pendant: Count Orlok’s obsession with his lost love is no secret, and rumors spread of a priceless pendant that once belonged to her. The players come across clues leading to the location of the pendant—a hidden chamber in the depths of the Count’s castle. Retrieving the pendant won’t be easy, as it is guarded by ancient traps and undead sentinels. The players must navigate through treacherous obstacles and confront undead guardians to secure the pendant. Will they use it as leverage to negotiate with the Count or as a weapon against him, using its connection to his lost love to exploit his weaknesses?
- Hunters of the Night: The players are approached by a secret society of vampire hunters who seek their assistance in tracking down and defeating Count Orlok. The hunters offer invaluable information about the Count’s weaknesses and vulnerabilities, but the players must decide whether they will join the fight against the undead tyrant or strike a deal with the devil and aid Count Orlok in his schemes, lured by the promises of dark power and secrets only a vampire can offer. The decision they make will have far-reaching consequences on their own destinies and the fate of the realm.
- Cursed Bloodline: The players encounter a mysterious noble family that seems to be cursed by an ancient bloodline tied to Count Orlok. As they delve into the family’s history, they uncover a connection to the Count and a dark pact made centuries ago. The fate of the noble family and the Count’s sinister plans lie in the players’ hands. Will they break the curse that binds the family to the Count’s influence, or will they fall prey to the same darkness that has plagued generations before them?
- The Forbidden Tome: Count Orlok seeks a forbidden grimoire containing ancient and powerful spells that can elevate him to even greater heights of power. The players come across the book in a hidden library, guarded by enchanted wards and cursed guardians. They must decide whether to keep the tome from falling into the Count’s hands or use its dark magic to gain an advantage in their own endeavors. However, unlocking its secrets comes with a price—the book’s malevolent influence slowly corrupts their minds, tempting them with unimaginable power and knowledge, but also pushing them further into the depths of darkness.
- Dance of the Night: The players receive an invitation to an extravagant masquerade ball hosted by Count Orlok himself at his grand castle. Amidst the lavish festivities, they must navigate a web of intrigue and deception while trying to uncover the Count’s true motives. Each masked guest could be a potential ally or enemy, and the players’ decisions during the ball could significantly impact the fate of the region. Count Orlok, hidden among the masquerading guests, observes their every move, playing a dangerous game of manipulation and strategy.
- The Vanishing Town: A village suddenly disappears without a trace, leaving behind eerie silence and a sense of dread. As the players investigate, they learn that Count Orlok has struck again, abducting the entire population to serve as his thralls in his eternal night. The players must follow his trail to his dark castle and face the horrors within to rescue the villagers and put an end to the Count’s reign of terror. The dark aura that permeates the castle tests their courage and determination, making their quest even more perilous.
- Shadows of the Past: The players come across a cursed artifact that allows them to witness pivotal moments from Count Orlok’s past. Through haunting visions, they experience the tragic events that shaped the vampire’s dark path, from the night of his transformation to the torment of losing his beloved. These visions force the players to confront the moral dilemma of whether to sympathize with his tragic origins or focus on stopping his malevolent actions in the present. Count Orlok, aware of their intrusion into his past, tries to thwart their efforts by manipulating the visions and planting seeds of doubt in their minds.
- The Last Sun: An ancient prophecy speaks of a celestial event that could strip Count Orlok of his vampiric powers and render him vulnerable to destruction. The players must embark on a perilous quest to find the necessary components and perform the ritual during the rare astronomical occurrence—the last sunset of a millennium. As the night of reckoning approaches, they face relentless challenges, including navigating through treacherous landscapes, outsmarting the Count’s minions, and resisting the allure of darkness that surrounds them. Their actions during the ritual will shape the fate of Count Orlok and the world, determining whether the era of night will continue its reign or be vanquished by the first rays of a new dawn.
Currently in the World
Physical Description: Count, Graf Orlok is an eerie and imposing figure, standing at an impressive height of over six feet. His tall and slender frame is wrapped in a dark, tattered cloak that seems to blend seamlessly with the shadows. His skin is deathly pale, almost translucent, with sharp, angular features that give him an otherworldly and unsettling appearance. His piercing eyes are a deep crimson, glowing with an insatiable hunger for the blood of the living. Count Orlok’s long, bony fingers are adorned with sharp, talon-like nails, perfect for tearing into the flesh of his unfortunate victims.
As a creature of the night, Count Orlok’s face is a chilling testament to his vampiric nature. His mouth, filled with razor-sharp fangs, opens wide with a sinister grin that sends shivers down the spines of all who witness it. His ears are elongated, resembling those of a bat, attuned to even the faintest whisper of his prey. Count Orlok’s jet-black hair cascades down his shoulders, contrasting starkly against his ghostly complexion.
Current Activity and Surroundings: At this very moment, Count Orlok finds himself within the confines of his ancient castle, hidden deep in the foreboding Carpathian Mountains. The night is dark and stormy, the howling wind echoing through the empty halls of his fortress. Within the castle’s gloomy chambers, eerie candlelight flickers, casting sinister shadows across the walls.
Count Orlok is not alone; his cryptic demeanor attracts creatures of the night, including bats and wolves, who obediently prowl at his side. The castle itself seems to come alive under his presence, as if it recognizes its master and obeys his every command. The air is heavy with the scent of ancient decay and the faint trace of blood, a reminder of countless past feasts.
Mood: Count Orlok’s mood is one of chilling intensity and patient malevolence. He is a predator, biding his time, waiting for the perfect moment to strike and claim his next victim. There is a coldness in his gaze, betraying his lack of empathy or remorse. Count Orlok revels in the dark and foreboding atmosphere surrounding him, embracing his role as a creature of terror and death.
As the night deepens, his hunger grows, and he eagerly awaits the arrival of unwary travelers or lost souls who may wander too close to his castle’s grounds. The thirst for blood, the essence of life itself, drives him onward, propelling him to prowl the darkness in search of sustenance and power. For Count Orlok, the night is both his sanctuary and his hunting ground, a place where he can indulge in the eternal darkness that is his existence.