“The Dashing Highwayman: Unmasking the Legend of William Plunkett and His Swashbuckling Adventures!”
- Alias: None known
- Gender: Male
- Race: Human
- Occupation: Former apothecary, highwayman
- Religion: Unknown
- Allies: James MacLaine (Gentleman Highwayman)
- Enemies: Law enforcement, victims of his robberies
- Abode/Base of operations: London, specifically Jermyn Street
- Nationality: English/American (as he was reputedly associated with the Northumberland Militia in Pennsylvania)
- Languages: English
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Affiliation(s): None known
- Significant others: None recorded
In the bustling streets of London, there exists a notorious figure known as William Plunkett, a man of mystery and charm. As a young apothecary, Plunkett led a seemingly ordinary life, but beneath his unassuming facade, he yearned for a taste of adventure and the thrill of the unknown. Motivated by a desire for wealth and the allure of a life outside the confines of societal norms, Plunkett turned to a path of crime and became a legendary highwayman.
With his partner-in-crime, the infamous “Gentleman Highwayman” James MacLaine, Plunkett embarked on a daring escapade, robbing the wealthy and powerful with finesse and daring. Cloaked in Venetian masks and armed with stolen pistols, they rode through the night, their identities hidden from those they targeted. Together, they carved a path of infamy, leaving behind a trail of both fear and fascination.
Plunkett’s choice to become a highwayman was driven by a longing for freedom and a rebellion against the constraints imposed by society. He relished in the thrill of the chase, the adrenaline that coursed through his veins as he outsmarted pursuers and evaded capture. The stolen riches served as symbols of his defiance, granting him the means to live a life of extravagance and indulge in his vices.
However, beneath the veneer of a cunning outlaw, there lies a complex character with conflicting emotions. Plunkett’s encounters with those he targeted revealed a sense of honor and empathy. Despite his chosen path, he justified his actions as a means of survival rather than sheer malevolence. In moments of vulnerability, he displayed compassion and respect, acknowledging the line between necessity and cruelty.
Plunkett’s ultimate goal was to amass enough wealth to secure a future beyond the clutches of his criminal life. Yet, the weight of his actions and the ever-present danger of being caught weighed heavily on him. In a world where trust was a luxury and survival was paramount, Plunkett sought to navigate the treacherous paths of the criminal underworld, always on guard, and forever haunted by the consequences of his choices.
As the legend of William Plunkett continues to echo through history, his story serves as a captivating reminder of the allure and complexities of a life lived outside the boundaries of society, where adventure and danger intertwine in a dance of fate.
Medium humanoid (human), neutral alignment
Armor Class: 15 (studded leather) Hit Points: 78 (12d8 + 24) Speed: 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)||10 (+0)||18 (+4)|
Saving Throws: Dex +6, Wis +3 Skills: Deception +8, Perception +3, Stealth +6 Senses: Passive Perception 13 Languages: English, Thieves’ Cant Challenge: 6 (2,300 XP)
Multiattack: William Plunkett makes two attacks with his dagger or one attack with his pistol and one attack with his dagger.
- Dagger: Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d4 + 4) piercing damage.
- Pistol: Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 30/90 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) piercing damage.
Reactions Uncanny Dodge: When an attacker that William Plunkett can see hits him with an attack, he can use his reaction to halve the attack’s damage against him.
- Studded leather armor
- Flintlock Pistol
- Sly Disguise: William Plunkett is adept at assuming different identities and disguising himself to blend into various social settings. He has advantage on Charisma (Deception) checks when trying to pass as someone else.
- Street Smarts: Having lived a life of crime and survival on the streets, William Plunkett has honed his instincts and awareness. He has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks made to notice hidden creatures or objects.
- Smooth Talker: William Plunkett is a smooth talker, skilled in charming and manipulating others. He has advantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks.
Legendary Actions William Plunkett can take 2 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. He can take only one legendary action at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. He regains spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.
- Larceny: William Plunkett uses his bonus action to attempt to pickpocket an object from a creature within 5 feet of him. The target must make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw or have the object stolen without noticing.
- Evasive Maneuver: William Plunkett uses his reaction to impose disadvantage on an attack made against him until the start of his next turn.
- Feigned Vulnerability: William Plunkett uses his bonus action to act wounded or weak, causing creatures within 10 feet of him to have disadvantage on attacks against him until the start of his next turn.
Currently in the World
Description William Plunkett is a wiry and nimble man with dark, cunning eyes. Dressed in well-worn studded leather armor, he moves with stealth and grace, always ready for the next heist. His dark hair is usually hidden beneath a wide-brimmed hat, and he often wears a mischievous smile on his face.
Currently, William Plunkett finds himself in the seedy underbelly of a bustling city, surrounded by a network of thieves and criminals. He is calculating and focused, surveying the area for potential targets and opportunities for lucrative scores. His mood is confident and determined, driven by a desire for wealth and freedom from the constraints of society.