David of Doncaster
“Meet David of Doncaster: The Brave Young Man Who Saved Robin Hood from a Deadly Trap!”
- Alias: None
- Gender: Male
- Race: Human
- Occupation: Cobbler
- Religion: Not specified
- Allies: Robin Hood, Merry Men
- Enemies: Corrupt authorities, Sheriff of Nottingham
- Abode/Base of Operations: Doncaster
- Nationality: English
- Languages: English
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Affiliation(s): Merry Men, Robin Hood’s Outlaws
- Significant Others: Not specified
David of Doncaster is a brave and loyal young man who becomes entangled in the legendary adventures of Robin Hood. With his sharp wit and keen observation, he proves himself to be an invaluable ally to the famous outlaw. Growing up in the town of Doncaster, David is known for his courage and determination, always willing to stand up for what is right.
Drawn to Robin Hood’s cause of defying corrupt authority and helping the oppressed, David joins forces with the Merry Men. His motive is driven by a deep desire for justice and a strong belief in the power of unity against tyranny. David sees the injustice and suffering inflicted upon the common people and is determined to make a difference.
As a young cobbler by trade, David possesses a nimble mind and quick reflexes, making him an adept fighter and strategist. He uses his skills not only to assist Robin Hood in evading traps and dangers but also to aid his fellow Merry Men in their daring escapades.
David’s loyalty to Robin Hood and his cause is unwavering. He shares his insights and warnings, often acting as a voice of reason and caution. His role as a trusted confidant and adviser to Robin showcases his wisdom and intuition. David’s deep respect for Robin Hood and his unwavering commitment to the mission drives him to do whatever it takes to ensure the success of their endeavors.
While his primary goal is to aid Robin Hood and fight against injustice, David also longs for a world where common people can live without fear and oppression. He dreams of a future where the power is in the hands of the people, where justice prevails over greed and corruption.
With his unwavering spirit, resourcefulness, and dedication to the cause, David of Doncaster stands as a symbol of hope and bravery in the face of adversity. His journey alongside Robin Hood is filled with thrilling adventures, where he proves time and again that even a young cobbler can make a significant impact on the fight for justice.
David of Doncaster
Medium humanoid (human), chaotic good
Armor Class 15 (leather armor) Hit Points 65 (10d8 + 20) Speed 30 ft.
|12 (+1)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||12 (+1)||14 (+2)||10 (+0)|
Skills Perception +4, Sleight of Hand +5, Stealth +5 Senses passive Perception 14 Languages Common Challenge 3 (700 XP)
Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.
Shortbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, range 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 7 (1d6 + 3) piercing damage.
Cunning Action. David can take a bonus action to Dash, Disengage, or Hide.
Uncanny Dodge. When an attacker that David can see hits him with an attack, he can use his reaction to halve the attack’s damage against him.
Evasion. If David is subjected to an effect that allows him to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, he instead takes no damage if he succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if he fails.
Merry Man’s Resilience. David has advantage on saving throws against being charmed or frightened.
Equipment Leather armor, shortsword, shortbow, quiver with 20 arrows, burglar’s pack, thieves’ tools, disguise kit, common clothes, hooded cloak, belt pouch with 15 gp.
- The Archery Contest: David of Doncaster approaches the players, recognizing their exceptional skill with a bow and arrow. He shares his own experience as a participant in an infamous archery contest that turned out to be a trap set by the corrupt sheriff. David warns the players of the impending danger and provides valuable advice on how to outsmart their opponents. He seeks their assistance in uncovering the truth behind the rigged competition and bringing the sheriff to justice.
- The Stolen Heirloom: David seeks the players’ help in retrieving a stolen family heirloom, a golden arrow that has been passed down through generations. The arrow holds great sentimental value to him and his family, symbolizing their connection to the legendary Robin Hood. David suspects a rival thief gang, led by a cunning rogue known as the Black Viper, is behind the theft. He asks the players to assist him in recovering the golden arrow and putting an end to the Black Viper’s criminal activities.
- The Mysterious Map: David possesses a cryptic map that supposedly leads to a hidden treasure, rumored to be the lost fortune of a wealthy nobleman. Intrigued by the potential to use the treasure for charitable causes and supporting the downtrodden, David enlists the players’ aid in deciphering the map and embarking on an adventure to locate the hidden riches. Along the way, they encounter treacherous obstacles, rival treasure hunters, and ancient guardians who protect the secret of the treasure.
- The Betrayed Ally: David’s closest friend, a fellow Merry Man named Will Scarlet, has betrayed their band and joined forces with the Sheriff of Nottingham. David feels a deep sense of betrayal and seeks vengeance for Scarlet’s actions. He asks the players to help him confront his former comrade, bring him to justice, and uncover the reasons behind Scarlet’s betrayal. This quest for justice tests their loyalty, friendship, and the ideals they hold dear.
- The Secret Love: David of Doncaster reveals a forbidden love affair with a noblewoman trapped in a loveless marriage. Their clandestine relationship has put both of their lives at risk, as the vengeful Sheriff of Nottingham seeks to expose and destroy their love. David pleads with the players to assist him in orchestrating a daring escape plan for the Lady involving deception, disguises, and avoiding the watchful eyes of their pursuers. Their actions not only determine the fate of David and his Lady but also have far-reaching consequences for the power dynamics in the realm.
- The Lost Woodsman: David of Doncaster shares a tale of a skilled woodsman who mysteriously vanished in the enchanted Sherwood Forest. Intrigued by the story, he seeks adventurers to accompany him in uncovering the truth behind the woodsman’s disappearance and discovering the secrets hidden within the forest. They encounter mystical creatures, solve riddles, and navigate treacherous paths as they delve deeper into the heart of the forest, all while unraveling the enigmatic fate of the lost woodsman.
- The Robin Hood Legacy: David believes he is the rightful heir to Robin Hood’s legacy and wishes to carry on the noble outlaw’s mission of helping the oppressed and fighting against tyranny. Inspired by the tales of Robin Hood’s heroic deeds, he seeks the players’ support in proving his lineage and reclaiming the mantle of Robin Hood. Together, they vow to stand up against the corrupt nobility, defend the rights of the common people, and restore justice to the realm.
- The Hooded Archer: Rumors circulate about a hooded archer who roams the countryside, aiding the common folk in the darkest corners of the realm. Known only as the Shadow Archer, this mysterious figure strikes fear into the hearts of corrupt officials and brings hope to the oppressed. David enlists the players to investigate the origins and actions of the hooded archer, seeking to uncover if they are friend or foe. Their quest leads them on a journey filled with intrigue, alliances, and unexpected revelations that challenge their perception of justice.
- The Merry Man’s Oath: David of Doncaster invites the players to join his band of Merry Men, an elite group of skilled outlaws committed to defending the rights of the common people. To prove their loyalty and worthiness, the players must undergo a series of trials and challenges that test their mettle, resourcefulness, and commitment to justice. These trials include archery competitions, daring heists against corrupt officials, and acts of kindness and generosity towards those in need. As they earn the trust of the Merry Men, they become integral members of the band, united in their fight against oppression and inequality.
- The Hunt for Justice: David of Doncaster seeks justice for a group of innocent villagers who were wrongly accused of a crime they didn’t commit. The corrupt sheriff, driven by personal vendettas and greed, seeks to condemn the villagers and seize their lands. With the players’ help, David gathers evidence, exposes the true culprits, and ensures the innocent are set free. Their quest for justice takes them through a web of lies, political intrigue, and moral dilemmas, as they navigate the intricacies of the legal system and confront those who abuse their power.
- The Dark Past: David carries a burden from his past that haunts him. He confides in the players, seeking their guidance and assistance in confronting his demons and finding redemption for past misdeeds. Together, they embark on a personal journey of healing and self-discovery, delving into David’s dark past, seeking forgiveness from those he has wronged, and reconciling with the choices he has made. This introspective quest challenges their inner strength, tests their bonds of friendship, and ultimately leads to personal growth and transformation for David and the entire party.
Currently in the World
Physical Description: David of Doncaster is a young and agile man with a wiry build. He has dark, curly hair that falls to his shoulders, framing his youthful face. His eyes are bright and full of mischief, reflecting his adventurous spirit. David dresses in simple, patched clothes befitting a cobbler, with a sturdy leather apron wrapped around his waist. Despite his humble appearance, there is a spark of determination and bravery in his gaze.
Current Situation: David of Doncaster is currently in the heart of Sherwood Forest, among the dense foliage and towering trees. He is sitting by a small campfire, surrounded by his fellow Merry Men. They are engaged in animated conversation, sharing stories of their daring escapades and planning their next move against the oppressive Sheriff of Nottingham. David is in a jovial mood, laughing and adding his own tales to the mix. His hands are busy repairing a pair of worn-out shoes, a task he performs with skill and precision. Despite the dangers that lie ahead, David remains unwavering in his loyalty to Robin Hood and his determination to bring justice to the people of Nottinghamshire.