Amelia Dyer “the Baby Eater, Ogress of Reading”
“The Dark Secrets of Amelia Dyer: The Sinister Baby Farmer Turned Serial Killer.”
- Alias: “The Baby Farmer”
- Gender: Female
- Race: Human
- Occupation: Baby farmer, Serial killer
- Religion: Unknown
- Allies: None known
- Enemies: Law enforcement, families of her victims
- Abode/Base of Operations: Various locations in England, particularly Bristol and London
- Nationality: English
- Languages: English
- Alignment: Chaotic Evil
- Affiliation(s): None known
- Significant Others: None recorded
Amelia Dyer is a notorious figure in history, known for her chilling and heinous acts. She is driven by a twisted ambition and a disturbing desire for personal gain. As a character, Amelia Dyer is a complex blend of manipulation, greed, and a disturbing lack of empathy. Her actions are driven by her insatiable thirst for money and power, which leads her down a dark path of infamy.
Amelia presents herself as a compassionate and caring woman, disguising her true intentions behind a facade of kindness. She preys upon vulnerable young mothers, promising to care for their unwanted babies and provide them with a better life. However, behind closed doors, her true nature is revealed as she carries out unthinkable acts of murder, using her position as a baby farmer to profit from the deaths of innocent children.
Her motivation stems from a desire to amass wealth through illegal means, exploiting the desperation and helplessness of others for her own personal gain. Amelia is cunning and manipulative, carefully orchestrating her sinister operations to avoid suspicion and continue her nefarious deeds unchecked.
Amelia Dyer’s actions are driven by a disturbing mix of greed, power, and a warped sense of superiority. She revels in the control she has over the lives of those who entrust their children to her care, using her position to exert dominance and satisfy her sadistic desires. Her ultimate goal is to accumulate vast sums of money and maintain her social standing, regardless of the lives she destroys in the process.
Haunted by a dark past and a troubled upbringing, Amelia channels her inner demons into her monstrous acts. She sees herself as above the law, driven by a deluded belief that she is somehow justified in her actions. She thrives on the fear and suffering of others, deriving a sick satisfaction from the power she wields over the lives of her victims.
Amelia’s story serves as a chilling reminder of the depths to which humanity can sink, and the disturbing allure of evil. Her legacy stands as a testament to the darkest corners of the human psyche, a cautionary tale of the consequences of unchecked malevolence.
Amelia Dyer, the Malevolent Midwife Medium humanoid (human), lawful evil
Armor Class 14 Hit Points 85 (10d8 + 40) Speed 30 ft.
|12 (+1)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)||18 (+4)||18 (+4)|
Skills Deception +8, Insight +7, Medicine +7, Perception +7 Senses passive Perception 17 Languages Common Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)
- Lethal Injection. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 9 (2d6 + 2) piercing damage. If the target is a restrained or incapacitated humanoid creature, it must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or suffer an additional 21 (6d6) poison damage.
- Charm Person. Amelia targets one humanoid she can see within 30 feet of her. The target must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or be charmed by Amelia for 1 hour.
- Deceptive Smile (Recharge 5-6). Amelia forces a smile, attempting to deceive her target. Each creature of her choice within 30 feet that can see her must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or become charmed by her for 1 minute. A charmed creature can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a success.
- Twisted Defense. When a creature hits Amelia with a melee attack, she can use her reaction to inflict 14 (4d6) psychic damage on the attacker.
Legendary Actions Amelia can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Amelia regains spent legendary actions at the start of her turn.
- Chilling Gaze. Amelia fixes her gaze on a creature she can see within 30 feet. The target must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute.
- Sinister Laughter. Amelia releases a haunting laughter. Each creature of her choice within 30 feet that can hear her must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute.
- Seductive Whispers. Amelia whispers insidious words, targeting a creature she can see within 30 feet. The target must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or be charmed by Amelia for 1 minute.
- Poisoned needle
- Healer’s kit
- Midwife’s Cunning. Amelia has advantage on Charisma (Deception) and Wisdom (Insight) checks when interacting with pregnant or expecting individuals.
- Dark Aura. Amelia exudes an unsettling presence. Creatures that start their turn within 10 feet of her must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or suffer disadvantage on attack rolls until the start of their next turn.
On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), Amelia can take a lair action to cause one of the following effects:
- Gruesome Reminders. The walls of the area display disturbing images of her past crimes. Each creature within 30 feet of Amelia must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or be frightened for 1 minute.
- Suffocating Atmosphere. The air becomes heavy and suffocating. Each creature within 30 feet of Amelia must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or be unable to breathe and is incapacitated until the start of its next turn.
- Dark Whispers. Whispers fill the area, urging violence and despair. Each creature within 30 feet of Amelia must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or suffer 7 (2d6) psychic damage and have disadvantage on their next saving throw.
- The Midwife’s Secret:
- The desperate noble family is known for their connection to forbidden magic, having dabbled in dark rituals and necromancy.
- Amelia Dyer, driven by a desire for power and immortality, seeks to harvest the innocent souls of newborns to sustain her own waning life force.
- The mansion is a labyrinth of secret chambers, hidden passages, and enchanted wards protecting Amelia’s gruesome experiments.
- As the players uncover Amelia’s macabre intentions, they learn of her ultimate goal: to use the stolen souls to resurrect an ancient and malevolent entity that will grant her immortality.
- The Poisoned Needle:
- The village, filled with superstitious beliefs, is on the brink of chaos as fear and suspicion consume the community.
- Amelia Dyer, disguised as a caring midwife, preys on vulnerable families, offering her services while secretly administering deadly poisons to newborns.
- The players must navigate the village’s tight-knit social fabric, gaining the trust of suspicious locals and uncovering the web of deception woven by Amelia.
- To confront Amelia, the players must face her hired thugs, navigate treacherous locations where she operates, and gather evidence to expose her crimes.
- The Stolen Child:
- Amelia Dyer’s child trafficking ring is an extensive network with connections reaching into high society, making it challenging for the players to identify and dismantle.
- The players encounter grieving parents who share heart-wrenching stories of their children being snatched away by Amelia’s accomplices.
- Amelia’s hidden lair is a secluded and heavily guarded location, filled with imprisoned children, arcane symbols, and forbidden artifacts.
- The players must devise a plan to infiltrate the lair, outsmart Amelia’s guards, and rescue the innocent children while uncovering the dark secrets of her operation.
- The Haunting Cry:
- The estate, once Amelia Dyer’s residence, is an eerie place where time seems to stand still, and the air is thick with sorrow and despair.
- The ghostly figure that guides the players is the restless spirit of a mother who seeks justice for herself and other victims of Amelia’s wicked acts.
- As the players explore the haunted estate, they encounter spectral apparitions, face chilling illusions, and unravel the tragic tale of Amelia’s rise to infamy.
- To put the spirits to rest, the players must gather mementos, perform sacred rituals, and confront Amelia’s lingering presence in a final showdown.
- The Trial of Justice:
- Amelia Dyer’s trial becomes a focal point of public attention, drawing the interest of influential figures, legal experts, and the media.
- The players, as key witnesses, face threats from Amelia’s powerful connections and must navigate a web of deceit and manipulation.
- They are tasked with gathering evidence, protecting crucial witnesses from intimidation and harm, and uncovering Amelia’s hidden assets and influential allies.
- The trial itself becomes a battlefield of legal tactics, where the players must outwit Amelia’s defense team and present a compelling case to ensure she faces the full extent of the law.
- The Cursed Heirloom:
- The wealthy socialite, oblivious to the brooch’s dark origins, is captivated by its beauty and power, unknowingly falling under Amelia’s malevolent influence.
- The players discover that the cursed heirloom amplifies the socialite’s desires and corrupts her actions, leading to a series of tragic events.
- As the players navigate the opulent mansion, they must break the hold of the cursed brooch, find a way to sever the connection between Amelia and the socialite, and prevent further devastation.
Currently in the World
Amelia Dyer is a middle-aged woman with a disheveled appearance and a cold, calculating gaze. Her once-brown hair has turned gray and is often pulled back in a tight bun. Her face is lined with wrinkles, giving her an aged and hardened look. She dresses modestly in dark, worn-out clothing, typically adorned with a shawl.
Currently, Amelia Dyer sits alone in a dimly lit room, cluttered with papers and documents related to her nefarious activities. The air is heavy with the smell of ink and decay, reflecting the sinister nature of her deeds. Her mood is one of quiet determination, as she meticulously plans her next move in her disturbing profession. There is a sense of malevolence that emanates from her, as if she takes pleasure in the suffering she inflicts upon others.