Guy Fawkes “The Gunpowder Plotter”
- Alias – V, The Gunpowder Plotter
- Gender – Male
- Race – Human
- Occupation – Terrorist, Revolutionary
- Religion – Roman Catholicism
- Allies – Other members of the Gunpowder Plot, particularly Robert Catesby
- Enemies – The English government, particularly the King
- Abode/ Base of operations – Various safehouses throughout London
- Nationality – English
- Languages – English, Latin, Spanish
- Alignment – Chaotic Good
- Affiliation (s) – The Gunpowder Plot
- Significant others – None known
Guy Fawkes was born in York, England. He was the second of four children and grew up to be a devout Catholic. Fawkes was a complex character, driven by his religious beliefs and a desire for political change. His early years were spent fighting in foreign wars.
Fawkes became embroiled in a plot to blow up the Houses of Parliament. The plan was to assassinate the King and install a Catholic monarch on the throne. Fawkes was recruited by Robert Catesby, a charismatic figure who was the mastermind behind the plot. Fawkes was to be the one who would light the fuse and detonate the explosives.
Fawkes was a man of action, committed to his cause and willing to risk everything for his beliefs. He was a skilled soldier, with experience in explosives and a deep knowledge of military tactics. He was also a man of few words, who preferred to let his actions speak for him.
Fawkes and his co-conspirators were betrayed and arrested on the eve of the plot. Fawkes was brutally tortured in the Tower of London, but he refused to reveal the names of his fellow conspirators. He was eventually found guilty of high treason and sentenced to be hanged, drawn and quartered. On the day of his execution, Fawkes climbed the scaffold to the cheers of a hostile crowd.
Guy Fawkes has become an icon of rebellion and resistance. His image is often used as a symbol of anti-establishment movements and political dissent. Fawkes is remembered as a man of conviction, who was willing to sacrifice everything for his beliefs.
Guy Fawkes, “The Gunpowder Plotter”
Medium humanoid (human), chaotic good
Armor Class: 16 (studded leather)
Hit Points: 144 (17d8 + 51)
Speed: 30 ft.
|14 (+2)||18 (+4)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)||12 (+1)|
Skills: Athletics +5, Intimidation +5, Perception +6, Stealth +7
Senses: passive Perception 16
Languages: English, Latin, Spanish
Challenge: 8 (3,900 XP)
Daggers (x4), Short sword, Hand crossbow with 20 bolts, Studded leather armor, Gunpowder kegs (x2), Lantern, Thieves’ tools, Mask
- Saboteur. Guy Fawkes is an expert in the use of gunpowder and explosives. He has advantage on Dexterity (Sleight of Hand) checks to create, handle, or place explosive devices.
- Urban Camouflage. Guy Fawkes is skilled at blending into urban environments. He has advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks made to hide in an urban environment.
- Fire in the Hole! Guy Fawkes can use an action to light a fuse on an explosive device, such as a barrel of gunpowder or a bundle of dynamite. The device will detonate at the end of the next round, causing 8d6 fire damage to all creatures within a 20-foot radius of the explosion. A successful DC 16 Dexterity saving throw halves the damage.
- Assassin’s Strike. If Guy Fawkes hits a surprised creature with a melee attack using a finesse or ranged weapon, he can deal an extra 10 (3d6) damage to the target.
- Freedom Fighter. Guy Fawkes is devoted to the cause of liberty and justice. He has advantage on Wisdom (Perception) checks made to detect tyranny, oppression, or corruption.
Evasion. When Guy Fawkes is subjected to an effect that allows him to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, he instead takes no damage if he succeeds on the saving throw, and only half damage if he fails.
Guy Fawkes can take 2 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Guy Fawkes regains spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.
Attack. Guy Fawkes makes one attack with his short sword, hand crossbow, or a thrown dagger.
Explosive Retreat. Guy Fawkes uses his action to set an explosive device and then uses a bonus action to disengage and move up to his movement speed without provoking opportunity attacks.
Smoke Bomb. Guy Fawkes uses his action to throw a smoke bomb. The area within a 20-foot radius sphere centered on Guy Fawkes becomes heavily obscured, as if by the fog cloud spell, for 1 minute.
With his expertise in explosives and urban environments, Guy Fawkes is a master saboteur and freedom fighter. He fights against tyrants and oppressors, using his skills to level the playing field and bring about justice. His ability to blend in with crowds and create explosive devices makes him a formidable foe to any who stand in his way.