Sir Bors de Ganis (Bors the Elder)
“Unlock the Forgotten Legacy of Bors the Elder – A King’s Secret Revealed!”
- Alias – Bors the Elder,
- Gender – Male,
- Race – Human,
- Occupation – Knight of the Round Table and noble ruler,
- Religion – Celtic Pantheon,
- Allies – King Ban, Hector de Maris, Lancelot, King Arthur,
- Enemies – King Claudas,
- Abode/ Base of operations – Castle Ganis,
- Nationality – Kingdom of Gaunnes (Ganis),
- Languages – English, Old French,
- Alignment – Lawful Good,
- Affiliation (s) – The Knights of the Round Table, Kingdom of Gaunnes,
- Significant others – Wife: Evaine, Sons: Bors the Younger, Lionel.
In the realm of Arthurian legends, Bors the Elder stands tall as a noble and valiant figure, entwined in a web of honor, loyalty, and tragedy. As the brother of King Ban and uncle to Hector de Maris and the renowned Lancelot, Bors is a central figure in the grand tapestry of knights and kings. Known for his unwavering loyalty and unyielding courage, Bors’ life is marked by a deep sense of duty and a burning desire to protect his loved ones and uphold justice in the face of adversity.
From his early days, Bors was raised in a world of chivalry and honor, surrounded by the teachings of knighthood and the call to serve the realm. As the loyal brother of King Ban, he shares a strong bond with his sibling, and together, they become early allies of King Arthur in his quest to unite the kingdom. In the face of formidable foes, including eleven rebel kings such as Lot, Urien, and Caradoc, Bors and Ban prove their mettle as steadfast defenders of the realm.
However, lurking beyond the borders, a menacing enemy, King Claudas, seeks to conquer their lands across the continent. Arthur pledges to aid Bors and Ban in their struggle, but time plays a cruel hand, and the promised assistance comes late. Despite their valor, Claudas invades and, tragically, claims the lives of both kings. Bors’ heartache deepens when he learns that his beloved children, Bors the Younger and Lionel, are taken captive by the enemy.
Throughout his life, Bors strives to maintain the principles of chivalry and righteousness, driven by the memory of his fallen brother and the desire to protect his family and kingdom. His unwavering commitment to honor and his willingness to sacrifice for the greater good are the cornerstones of his character. As Bors navigates the complexities of Arthur’s court, he seeks to unravel the mysteries of the realm, uncovering secrets and seeking justice for his loved ones.
In the shadows of legend, Bors the Elder’s legacy endures, a tale of courage, loyalty, and sacrifice that echoes through the ages. Whether as a guiding force for aspiring knights or a hidden enigma waiting to be uncovered, Bors’ story remains an integral part of the captivating Arthurian saga.
Bors the Elder
Medium humanoid (human), lawful good
Armor Class 18 (plate armor, shield) Hit Points 168 (16d10 + 80) Speed 30 ft.
|20 (+5)||14 (+2)||20 (+5)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)||18 (+4)|
Saving Throws Str +10, Con +10 Skills Athletics +10, Persuasion +9 Senses Passive Perception 13 Languages Common, Celestial Challenge 13 (10,000 XP)
- Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Bors the Elder fails a saving throw, he can choose to succeed instead.
- Leadership Aura. Allies within 30 feet of Bors gain a +3 bonus to saving throws against being frightened and a +3 bonus to their attack rolls.
- Multiattack. Bors the Elder makes three attacks with his longsword.
- Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 15 (2d6 + 5) slashing damage.
- Shield Bash. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d4 + 5) bludgeoning damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 18 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Lance (while mounted). Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 16 (2d8 + 5) piercing damage, and the target must succeed on a DC 18 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Defensive Parry. When a creature makes a melee attack against Bors the Elder and misses, he can use his reaction to add +4 to his AC against that attack.
- Aura of Valor. Bors can create an aura of courage within a 30-foot radius. Allies within the aura gain advantage on saving throws against fear effects and gain temporary hit points equal to Bors’ level at the start of their turn.
- Heroic Call. Once per short rest, Bors can issue a call to arms, granting all allies within 60 feet an extra action on their next turn.
- Plate Armor,
- Signet Ring of Gaunnes,
- Cloak of Protection (+1 to AC and saving throws),
- Warhorse (Speed 60 ft. while mounted),
Currently in the World
Bors the Elder is a tall and imposing figure, standing with a dignified bearing and a strong, muscular build. His weathered face bears the marks of experience and valor, with a determined jawline and piercing blue eyes that exude wisdom and courage. His greying hair, once a golden mane, now adds to his distinguished appearance, hinting at the years of battles and challenges he has faced.
Currently, Bors the Elder is found in the grand hall of Castle Ganis, his ancestral home and the heart of the Kingdom of Gaunnes. The hall is adorned with noble banners and ornate tapestries depicting heroic deeds from the kingdom’s history. Around him, knights and nobles converse, preparing for the impending conflict with King Claudas, their relentless enemy who threatens their lands.
Bors’ mood is a mix of resolve and concern. As a seasoned knight and ruler, he feels the weight of responsibility on his shoulders, knowing that the fate of his people lies in his hands. He longs to fulfill the promise he made to King Arthur, seeking justice against the rebel kings who threaten the stability of Britain. Deep in his heart, he yearns for the safe return of his captured sons, Bors the Younger and Lionel, who are held captive by King Claudas’ forces.
Amidst the preparations and anticipation of battle, Bors draws strength from his faith in the Gods and the unyielding bond of brotherhood with King Ban. He envisions a united front of knights, loyal allies, and the legendary Knights of the Round Table, fighting side by side to protect their homeland and bring peace to the realm.