Enki (The Lord of the Sweet Waters, The Lord of Wisdom, The Lord of the Earth)
- Deity Title: The Lord of the Sweet Waters, The Lord of Wisdom, The Lord of the Earth
- Deity Symbol: Two serpents coiled around a central axis
- Home Plane: The Elemental Plane of Water
- Deity Level: Intermediate deity
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Aliases: Ea
- Superior: None
- Traditional Allies: Inanna, Utu, Nanshe, and other deities of light, knowledge, and creativity
- Traditional Foes: Enlil, Tiamat, and other deities of darkness, tyranny, and destruction
- Divine Artifact: The Tablets of Destiny, which hold the secrets of the universe
- Servants: The Anunnaki, a group of powerful elemental and immortal beings who serve as Enki’s messengers and agents
- Servitor Creatures: Mermaids, sea serpents, and other aquatic creatures
- Sacred Animal: The carp, a fish that symbolizes the abundance and fertility of the sweet waters
- Manifestations: Enki is often depicted as a charismatic, wise, and cunning deity, who is able to shape-shift into various forms and use his wit and intelligence to overcome any obstacle.
- Signs of Favor: Unexpected rain, fertile crops, and newfound wisdom and knowledge
- Worshipers: Merchants, sailors, scholars, artists, and anyone who values wisdom, creativity, and abundance
- Cleric Alignments: Chaotic Good, Neutral Good, Chaotic Neutral
- Specialty Priests: Enkites, who are tasked with spreading Enki’s teachings and knowledge throughout the world
- Holy Days: The New Moon, which celebrates the renewal of knowledge and wisdom
- Portfolio: Knowledge, wisdom, creativity, fertility, and the sweet waters
- Domains: Air, Animal, Chaos, Earth, Good, Knowledge, Protection, Water
- Favored Weapon: The trident, a symbol of Enki’s power over the waters
- Favored Class: Bard, Sorcerer, Wizard
- Favored Race: Human, Mermaid, Mermaidfolk
- Duties of the Priesthood: To promote knowledge, wisdom, and creativity; to protect the sweet waters and all that live within them; to help those in need
- Major Cult/Temple Sites: The Temple of the Sweet Waters, located near a large body of water; the House of Wisdom, a library and center of learning
- Benefits: Increased knowledge, creativity, and fertility, protection from harm, and the favor of the Lord of the Sweet Waters.
Born in the city of Eridu, in the heart of ancient Mesopotamia, Enki was the son of the sky god Anu and the earth goddess Nammu. As the youngest of the gods, he was often overlooked and underestimated, but he was also one of the most beloved and revered deities in the pantheon, known for his wit, his compassion, and his deep love for all life.
Enki was a creative and inventive deity, always seeking new ways to make the world a better place. He was the one who taught humanity how to farm and how to use tools, and he was credited with the invention of writing, the wheel, and many other important technologies. He was also a skilled healer, using his magic to cure illnesses and injuries and to ease the suffering of the people.
Despite his many gifts, Enki was not without his flaws. He was a trickster at heart, delighting in playing pranks on his fellow gods and mortals alike. He was also known for his love of drink and his fondness for mortal women, traits that sometimes landed him in trouble.
Despite his mischievous nature, however, Enki was a force for good in the world, always working to protect the people and to help them achieve their dreams. He was a visionary, always looking for new ways to help humanity reach its full potential, and he was never afraid to take bold and innovative steps to make that happen.
Enki is a god of creativity, wit, and cunning. In physical form, he is often depicted as a tall and robust figure, with a muscular build and striking features. He is a charismatic god who is able to charm even the most stubborn of beings. His eyes sparkle with a mischievous gleam, and his smile is full of cunning and humor. He is known for his love of jewelry and finery, often adorning himself with golden bracelets and necklaces, as well as a crown of flowing feathers. His hair is thick and black, and his skin is a warm brown tone, giving him the appearance of a sun-kissed deity.
Enki’s ultimate goal was to create a world that was safe, prosperous, and filled with happiness and joy, a world where all beings could thrive and reach their full potential. He worked tirelessly to achieve this goal, and his legacy remains with us to this day, a testament to the power of wisdom, creativity, and love.