Goddess, Akka “Glorious Akka, the Radiant Goddess of Nature and Strength”
Akka is revered as the goddess of fertility, nature and harvest. She is often depicted as a nurturing figure who blesses the land with bountiful crops and helps to ensure the growth and prosperity of her followers. She is also seen as a powerful force of nature, capable of bringing forth the elements of the earth and sky to aid her in her work.
- Pantheon: Finnish Pantheon
- Deity Title: Goddess of Nature and Fertility
- Deity Symbol: A stylized depiction of a pregnant woman, often surrounded by nature elements like flowers, leaves, and vines.
- Home Plane: The Material Plane, specifically the regions where the Finnish people reside.
- Deity Level: Intermediate deity.
- Alignment: Neutral Good.
- Aliases: Akka is also known as Rauni, Väinämöinen’s sister, and Lady of the Forest.
- Superior: Akka is the wife of Ukko, the god of the sky, thunder, and lightning.
- Traditional Allies: She is associated with other nature deities like Tapio, the god of the forest and Mielikki, the goddess of forests and animals.
- Traditional Foes: No known traditional foes.
- Divine Artifact: A magical staff made of the strongest wood found in the forest and imbued with powerful spells to protect the balance of nature.
- Servants: Dryads, unicorns, and other nature-based creatures are among Akka’s followers.
- Servitor Creatures: Her servitor creatures are woodland creatures such as deer, elk, and wolves.
- Sacred Animal: The stag and the doe are sacred to Akka.
- Manifestations: She often manifests as a beautiful and nurturing woman surrounded by the beauty of nature.
- Signs of Favor: A sudden growth of flowers, the discovery of an unexpected bounty from hunting or gathering, or the sighting of a rare woodland creature.
- Worshipers: Akka is worshiped by farmers, hunters, and anyone who depends on the balance of nature for their survival. She is also revered by women who want to become pregnant.
- Cleric Alignments: Neutral Good, Chaotic Good.
- Specialty Priests: Akka’s priests are called the Akkamies. They are often wise women and men who possess great knowledge of the natural world and its ways.
- Holy Days: The festival of Midsummer, which celebrates the arrival of summer and the fertility of nature, is considered one of Akka’s holiest days.
- Portfolio: Akka is the patroness of fertility, nature, and growth. She is responsible for maintaining the delicate balance between nature and civilization.
- Domains: Nature, Fertility, Growth.
- Favored Weapon: The quarterstaff.
- Favored Class: Druid.
- Favored Race: Elves and half-elves, who live in harmony with nature, are particularly favored by her.
- Duties of the Priesthood: The duties of her priesthood include maintaining the balance of nature, performing fertility rites, and educating the people on the importance of preserving the natural world.
- Major Cult/Temple Sites: Akka’s temples and shrines can be found deep in the heart of the forests and in rural agricultural communities.
- Benefits: Those who venerate Akka can expect blessings of fertility, good harvests, and protection from natural disasters. In return, they are expected to protect and care for the natural world.
As the wife of the sky god Ukko, Akka is often associated with the thunder and lightning that accompany the storms. She is said to be a wild and passionate being, with the power to create and control the forces of nature. Her followers believe that she can be invoked to bring about the fertility of the land, as well as to help with childbirth and the nurturing of children.
In terms of physical appearance, Akka is often depicted as a beautiful, earthy woman with long, flowing hair and a lush, full figure. She is often depicted with a crown of flowers or a halo of light, symbolizing her connection to the earth and sky. She is often shown carrying a staff or a basket of fruits and vegetables, further emphasizing her connection to the land and her role as the goddess of fertility and abundance.