Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande
“From Royal Governor to Revolutionary Opponent: The Controversial Life of Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande!”
- Alias: None known.
- Gender: Male.
- Race: Human.
- Occupation: Noble, Military Officer, Counter-Revolutionary Leader.
- Religion: Roman Catholic.
- Allies: Other royalists, loyalists, and supporters of the monarchy.
- Enemies: Revolutionary forces, Jacobins, and those aligned with the ideals of the French Revolution.
- Abode/Base of Operations: Various locations throughout France, particularly regions with strong royalist sentiments.
- Nationality: French.
- Languages: French
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral.
- Affiliation(s): Counter-revolutionary movement, loyalist factions.
- Significant others: Family and other aristocratic connections.
Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande is a man of noble birth and unyielding ambition. Born into a world of privilege and aristocracy, he is deeply rooted in the traditions and values of the old regime. With an unwavering belief in the divine right of kings, Blanchelande has dedicated his life to upholding the principles of monarchy and preserving the established order.
As the French Revolution unfolds, Blanchelande finds himself thrust into the heart of political turmoil. A staunch royalist and loyal supporter of the monarchy, he becomes a prominent figure in the counter-revolutionary movement. With his eloquence, charisma, and strong leadership skills, he rallies a faction of loyalists against the revolutionary forces, fiercely defending the monarchy and its legitimacy.
Driven by a deep sense of duty and a steadfast conviction in the righteousness of his cause, he sees himself as a defender of the rightful ruler and the rightful order. He firmly believes that only through the restoration of the monarchy can the nation regain stability and prosperity. His ultimate goal is to bring an end to the revolutionary chaos and establish a strong, centralized monarchy that will provide leadership and guidance to the French people.
However, as the revolutionaries gain momentum and the tides of change sweep through the country, Blanchelande faces increasingly difficult choices and moral dilemmas. He witnesses the suffering and injustices inflicted upon the people, and questions arise within him. Is there room for compromise? Can he reconcile his deeply ingrained beliefs with the evolving aspirations of a nation yearning for change?
Blanchelande’s journey becomes one of inner conflict and personal growth. He grapples with the conflicting ideals of loyalty, conviction, and the rapidly transforming world around him. Will he remain steadfast in his commitment to the monarchy, risking everything for the cause he believes in? Or will he reevaluate his principles, seeking a path that balances tradition with progress?
In the midst of revolution, Blanchelande stands as a complex character, driven by a sense of purpose and the desire to shape the destiny of a nation. His story intertwines with the sweeping forces of history, showcasing the enduring struggle between tradition and change, and the profound impact of one man’s choices on the fate of a nation.
Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande
Medium humanoid (human), lawful neutral
Armor Class 16 (breastplate) Hit Points 165 (20d8 + 80) Speed 30 ft.
|18 (+4)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)||14 (+2)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)|
Saving Throws Str +8, Dex +6, Con +7 Skills Athletics +8, History +6, Perception +6 Senses passive Perception 16 Languages Common, French Challenge 10 (5,900 XP)
Actions Multiattack. He makes two rapier attacks or two flintlock pistol attacks.
Rapier. Melee Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d8 + 4) piercing damage.
Flintlock Pistol. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 30/90 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 2) piercing damage.
Reactions Parry. Blanchelande adds 4 to his AC against one melee attack that would hit him. To do so, he must see the attacker and be wielding a melee weapon.
Legendary Actions Blanchelande can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Blanchelande regains spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.
- Parry. He makes one parry attack.
- Quick Shot. He makes one flintlock pistol attack.
- Inspiring Presence (Costs 2 Actions). He chooses up to three friendly creatures within 30 feet of him. Each creature can regain 15 hit points.
Equipment He wears a breastplate, providing him with solid protection while allowing for agility in combat. He wields a rapier, a finely crafted dueling weapon, and carries a flintlock pistol, symbolizing his expertise in firearms. Additionally, he possesses a symbol of the French monarchy, a token of his loyalty, and a map of strategic locations in Saint-Domingue, reflecting his role as Governor.
Abilities Military Strategy. Blanchelande has expertise in military tactics, granting him advantage on Intelligence (History) checks related to battles, sieges, and warfare.
Indomitable Will. Blanchelande has advantage on saving throws against being frightened or charmed.
Royalist Loyalty. Blanchelande is driven by unwavering loyalty to the French monarchy, and his actions are guided by his belief in maintaining order and preserving the established social hierarchy.
Lair Actions On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), Blanchelande takes a lair action. He can use one of the following options:
- Commanding Presence. Blanchelande chooses up to three friendly creatures within 60 feet of him. Each chosen creature gains advantage on their next attack roll or saving throw.
- Inspiring Rally. Blanchelande grants temporary hit points equal to his Charisma modifier (minimum 1) to all friendly creatures within 30 feet of him.
- Royal Decree. Blanchelande issues a command to all creatures within 60 feet of him. Each creature must succeed on a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or become charmed by Blanchelande for 1 minute, following his orders to the best of their abilities.
Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande’s Lair Blanchelande’s lair is an opulent chamber within the governor’s mansion, adorned with lavish furnishings and symbols of French aristocracy. Guards and loyal soldiers protect the entrance, ready to defend their leader. The air carries an aura of authority and a faint scent of perfume, creating an atmosphere of power and privilege. The walls display paintings depicting historic battles, showcasing Blanchelande’s military achievements.
- The Lost Island of Tobago: Legends tell of a hidden island rumored to hold the remnants of Blanchelande’s conquest of Tobago. The players embark on a perilous journey to find this fabled island, facing treacherous seas, rival explorers, and mythical guardians. Can they uncover the secrets and treasures that lie within, and what role will Blanchelande’s legacy play in their quest?
- The Governor’s Gambit: The players find themselves caught in the midst of a political power struggle in Saint-Domingue. As loyalists to Blanchelande, they are tasked with uncovering a conspiracy aimed at discrediting the former governor and restoring his reputation. They must navigate dangerous intrigues, infiltrate clandestine societies, and gather evidence to expose the truth. Will they succeed in redeeming Blanchelande’s name, or will they become pawns in a larger game of revolution?
- Revolt in Paradise: The players are part of a band of rebels fighting against Blanchelande’s oppressive rule in Saint-Domingue. As they clash with the Royalist forces, they discover a hidden cache of weapons and documents that reveal Blanchelande’s darkest secrets. The players must decide whether to use this information to expose the governor’s crimes or leverage it for their own gain. Will they bring justice to the people, or succumb to the allure of power?
- The Haunting of Blanchelande: The ghost of Blanchelande haunts a remote plantation in Saint-Domingue, seeking redemption for his actions during the Haitian Revolution. The players are called upon to help him find peace by unraveling the mysteries surrounding his life and tragic demise. They must confront vengeful spirits, decipher cryptic messages, and confront the sins of the past. Can they aid Blanchelande’s spirit and put his restless soul to rest?
- The Last Stand of Blanchelande: The players are tasked with defending Blanchelande’s stronghold from a relentless siege by rebel forces during the Haitian Revolution. They must rally loyalist troops, fortify defenses, and employ cunning tactics to hold off the attackers. The fate of Blanchelande and his legacy hangs in the balance. Will the players be able to withstand the assault and ensure his survival, or will they witness the final downfall of a once-great leader?
- The Guillotine’s Shadow: In the aftermath of Blanchelande’s execution, the players stumble upon a secret society dedicated to preserving his memory and seeking revenge against those responsible for his downfall. Drawn into a web of secrecy and intrigue, they must infiltrate high society, uncover hidden identities, and carry out covert missions to restore Blanchelande’s honor. But the path is treacherous, and one misstep could lead to their own demise. Will they become champions of Blanchelande’s cause, or will they become casualties of the revolution themselves?
Currently in the World
Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande is a tall and imposing figure, standing at around 6 feet with a strong and athletic build. His noble lineage is evident in his regal bearing and refined features. He has a square jawline, deep-set piercing blue eyes that exude determination, and a neatly trimmed beard that adds to his distinguished appearance. His hair, once dark and lustrous, has now started to show hints of gray, indicating the weight of his experiences.
Currently, Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande is standing in a dimly lit study, surrounded by shelves filled with books, maps, and documents. The room is adorned with antique furniture and portraits of his ancestors, serving as a constant reminder of his family’s noble heritage. The atmosphere is hushed, reflecting the seriousness of his mission.
In this moment, Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande’s mood is one of deep contemplation. He is engrossed in studying a map, tracing the lines with a sense of purpose. His brow furrows slightly, revealing the weight of responsibility that rests upon his shoulders. There is a resolute determination in his eyes, as he prepares himself for the challenges ahead.
Clad in a tailored, navy-blue military uniform adorned with golden epaulettes and intricate embroidery, Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande carries himself with a dignified grace. The medals on his chest bear witness to his military achievements and loyalty to the crown. He wears a saber at his side, a symbol of his authority and readiness to defend the monarchy.
Despite the gravity of the times, there is an air of calm confidence about Philibert François Rouxel de Blanchelande. He is a man driven by duty and a strong sense of loyalty to his king and country. His actions are guided by a deep-rooted belief in the principles of monarchy and a desire to restore stability and order in a country torn apart by revolution.