“Black Caesar: The Fearsome Pirate King of the Caribbean with a Hidden Treasure Trove!”
- Alias – Black Caesar
- Gender – Male
- Race – Human
- Occupation – Pirate Captain
- Religion – Voodoo and African tribal beliefs
- Allies – A loyal crew of escaped slaves turned pirates, some friendly native tribes in the Caribbean islands
- Enemies – Imperial naval forces, colonial powers, rival pirate captains
- Abode/ Base of operations – The hidden coves and remote islands of the Caribbean, particularly the Bahamas
- Nationality – African (originally captured in Africa, but later became a pirate operating in the Caribbean)
- Languages – African languages, English, Spanish, and some local dialects of the Caribbean
- Alignment – Chaotic Neutral
- Affiliation (s) – Independent pirate captain, known to cooperate with other pirate crews against common foes
- Significant others – Black Caesar is known to have formed close bonds with some of his crew members, who see him as a mentor and protector, but there are no recorded records of him having a romantic partner.
Black Caesar is a legendary figure who rose to infamy as a feared pirate in the Caribbean. With a commanding presence and a cunning mind, he navigates the treacherous waters of the sea, driven by a thirst for adventure, wealth, and freedom.
Born into slavery, Black Caesar experienced the harsh realities of bondage firsthand. However, he refused to accept a life of servitude and dreamed of a life where he could be the master of his own destiny. One fateful night, he seized the opportunity to escape his captors, slipping away into the cover of darkness and disappearing into the dense jungles of the Caribbean islands.
It was in these unforgiving wilds that Black Caesar found refuge among a band of pirates. His natural charisma and resourcefulness quickly earned him respect and admiration among his fellow buccaneers. Under the tutelage of seasoned pirates, he honed his skills in navigation, combat, and leadership, gradually ascending the ranks to become a captain in his own right.
Now, as a notorious captain, Black Caesar commands a loyal crew and a formidable ship. With his flag flying high, adorned with the iconic Jolly Roger, he strikes fear into the hearts of merchant vessels that dare to cross his path. His raids are swift and merciless, leaving his enemies trembling in his wake.
Yet, beneath his hardened exterior, Black Caesar carries a deep sense of justice and a desire for freedom. He despises the oppressive systems that perpetuate slavery and exploitation, vowing to challenge the established order and carve his own path. He sees himself as a symbol of resistance, fighting against the powers that seek to control and subjugate.
Black Caesar’s ultimate goal is to amass a vast fortune and establish his own pirate kingdom, where he can live on his own terms, far away from the shackles of oppression. He envisions a utopia where pirates and outcasts can find refuge, forming a new society based on freedom, equality, and camaraderie.
Driven by a desire for power and revenge against those who have wronged him, Black Caesar sails the seas, leaving a trail of chaos and legend in his wake. His name strikes fear into the hearts of sailors and his exploits are whispered among taverns and ports. He is a symbol of defiance, a living legend who dares to challenge the status quo and forge his own destiny on the tumultuous seas of the Caribbean.
Black Caesar, the Pirate Chieftain
Medium humanoid (human), Chaotic Neutral
Armor Class 15 (studded leather)
Hit Points 180 (20d8 + 100)
Speed 30 ft., swim 40 ft.
|18 (+4)||16 (+3)||20 (+5)||12 (+1)||14 (+2)||18 (+4)|
Saving Throws Dex +8, Con +10, Cha +9
Skills Acrobatics +8, Athletics +9, Intimidation +9, Perception +6
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 16
Languages Common, Abyssal
Challenge 14 (11,500 XP)
Background: Pirate Captain
- Bold Leader. Black Caesar’s presence grants his pirate crew advantage on saving throws against being frightened and advantage on ability checks to resist intimidation.
- Multiattack. Black Caesar makes three melee attacks: two with his cutlass and one with his dagger.
- Cutlass. Melee Weapon Attack: +9 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 12 (2d6 + 4) slashing damage.
- Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, reach 5 ft. or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (1d4 + 3) piercing damage.
- Pistol. Ranged Weapon Attack: +8 to hit, range 40/120 ft., one target. Hit: 13 (2d8 + 3) piercing damage. Special: Reload (1 shot).
- Pirate’s Fury (Recharge 5-6). Black Caesar enters a state of heightened rage. He gains advantage on melee attack rolls and deals an additional 10 damage on successful melee hits for 1 minute.
- Parry. When Black Caesar is hit by a melee attack, he can use his reaction to reduce the damage by 1d8 + 4.
Legendary Actions (3/Day):
- Daring Feint. Black Caesar makes one additional cutlass attack.
- Cunning Maneuver. Black Caesar moves up to his speed without provoking opportunity attacks.
- Intimidating Presence. Black Caesar forces one creature within 30 feet to make a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw or become frightened for 1 minute.
- Cutlass, Dagger, Flintlock Pistol (10 shots), Studded Leather Armor
- Pirate Hat with Feathers, Captain’s Coat, Jeweled Amulet of Intimidation
- The Escaped Slave: Black Caesar was once a slave who managed to escape from a plantation in the Caribbean. His experiences have shaped his perspective and fueled his desire for freedom and independence. Players may encounter him while he is organizing a network to help other slaves escape, and they may be called upon to assist him in rescuing those still trapped in bondage.
- The Pirate Prince: Black Caesar hails from a royal lineage in West Africa, and his title as a prince holds great significance to him. He seeks to reclaim his rightful place and restore honor to his family name. Players may become entangled in the power struggles and political machinations of the pirate world as they assist Black Caesar in gathering support and reclaiming his ancestral lands.
- The Master Navigator: Black Caesar is renowned for his exceptional navigational skills. He possesses an uncanny ability to read the stars, currents, and winds, making him an invaluable asset to any seafaring crew. Players may be approached by him to join his crew and embark on daring voyages across treacherous waters, where their lives will depend on his navigational expertise.
- The Freeman’s Justice: Black Caesar is driven by a strong sense of justice and seeks to right the wrongs inflicted upon him and others. He hunts down slave traders and corrupt officials, ensuring they face the consequences of their actions. Players may be recruited as allies in his quest for retribution, engaging in daring raids and covert operations to dismantle the networks that perpetuate slavery and injustice.
- The Black Flag: Black Caesar is notorious for flying a distinct black flag, which has become a symbol of resistance and defiance against oppressive regimes. Players may be drawn to him when they witness this flag flying atop his ship, signifying an invitation to join his crew and fight for freedom on the high seas.
- The Hidden Treasure: Black Caesar is rumored to have discovered a hidden treasure that is said to hold great wealth and historical artifacts. However, the exact location and nature of this treasure remain a mystery. Players may be enticed by the promise of riches and adventure as they accompany Black Caesar on a perilous quest to find the elusive treasure, facing dangerous obstacles and rival treasure hunters along the way.
- The Pirate’s Honor Code: Black Caesar follows a strict code of honor among pirates, valuing loyalty, fairness, and respect. He maintains a reputation for being honorable and keeping his word. Players may be tested to prove their trustworthiness and integrity to gain his respect and earn a place on his crew.
- The Last Stand: Black Caesar is pursued relentlessly by colonial powers and rival pirates who see him as a threat to their interests. He is determined to defend his freedom and the freedom of his crew at any cost. Players may be enlisted to aid Black Caesar in a final stand against overwhelming odds, defending their hidden stronghold against a siege orchestrated by their enemies.
- The Ghost of the Sea: Legends speak of a supernatural aura that surrounds Black Caesar, giving him an eerie presence and a reputation as a harbinger of doom. Some believe he is blessed by the spirits of the sea, while others fear he is cursed. Players may witness strange occurrences and encounter supernatural phenomena as they sail under Black Caesar’s command, facing the tests and tribulations that come with his enigmatic aura.
- The Legacy of Freedom: Black Caesar is driven by a deep desire to secure freedom for himself and others who have suffered under oppression. He seeks to create a society where individuals are judged by their character rather than their race or social status. Players may be called upon to assist him in establishing a free community, facing the challenges of colonization and bigotry as they work to build a haven for those seeking liberation.
- The Captain’s Compass: Black Caesar possesses a unique compass that is said to point the way to hidden treasures and lost realms. This mystical artifact is sought after by many, making him a target of rival pirates, treasure hunters, and those who seek to exploit its power. Players may find themselves entangled in a race against time and formidable adversaries as they protect the captain and the compass from falling into the wrong hands.
Currently in the World
Physical Description: Black Caesar is a tall and muscular African man with a commanding presence. His dark skin is scarred from battles and rough living, and his eyes exude a fierce determination. His dreadlocked hair falls to his shoulders, adorned with beads and trinkets acquired during his travels. Wearing tattered clothing, a combination of looted garments and pieces made from animal hides, he gives off an air of both menace and mystery.
Current Activity: Black Caesar stands on the deck of his formidable pirate ship, the “Ebony Serpent,” overlooking the crew as they go about their daily tasks. He watches with a keen eye, observing the rigging being adjusted, cannons being cleaned, and his quartermaster organizing the loot plundered from their latest conquest.
Surroundings: The “Ebony Serpent” sails through the turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea, surrounded by a scattered group of small islands. The crew is well-disciplined, though there is an undercurrent of excitement and anticipation in the air, as they are about to raid a wealthy merchant vessel rumored to be laden with valuable cargo.
Mood: Black Caesar’s mood is focused and calculating, his mind always devising strategies for their next endeavor. While his face appears stern and impassive, his crew knows that he carries a deep sense of loyalty towards them and a desire to forge a life of freedom, far from the chains of slavery that once bound him. Despite his harsh exterior, he harbors a fierce protectiveness over his crew, seeing them as family in their shared pursuit of a life free from oppression.