Losing your planet isn’t the end of the world.
Mere seconds before the Earth is to be demolished by an alien construction crew, journeyman Arthur Dent is swept off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher penning a new edition of “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.”
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy is a 2005 British-American science fiction comedy film directed by Garth Jennings, based upon previous works in the media franchise of the same name, created by Douglas Adams. It stars Martin Freeman, Sam Rockwell, Mos Def, Zooey Deschanel and the voices of Stephen Fry and Alan Rickman.
Adams co-wrote the screenplay with Karey Kirkpatrick but died in 2001, before production began; the film is dedicated to him. The film grossed over $100 million worldwide.
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Cast
- Martin Freeman as Arthur Dent
- Sam Rockwell as President Zaphod Beeblebrox
- Mos Def as Ford Prefect
- Zooey Deschanel as Tricia McMillan / Trillian
- Warwick Davis as Marvin the Paranoid Android (in-suit performer)
- Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast
- Anna Chancellor as Vice-President Questular Rontok
- John Malkovich as Humma Kavula
- Kelly Macdonald as Jin Jenz Reporter
- Jason Schwartzman (uncredited) as Gag Halfrunt
- Edgar Wright (uncredited) as Deep Thought Tech
- Simon Jones as Magrathea Video Recording