Volcanic activity unleashes a bloodthirsty monster called Gyaos that Gamera must confront.
Gamera vs. Gyaos (大怪獣空中戦 ガメラ対ギャオス, Daikaijū kūchūsen: Gamera tai Gyaosu, lit. Giant Monster Midair Battle: Gamera vs. Gyaos) is a 1967 Japanese kaiju film directed by Noriaki Yuasa, written by Fumi Takahashi, and produced by Daiei Film. It is the third entry in the Gamera film series, after the previous year’s Gamera vs. Barugon. Gamera vs. Gyaos stars Kojiro Hongo, Kichijiro Ueda, Tatsuemon Kanamura, Reiko Kasahara, and Naoyuki Abe, with Teruo Aragaki portraying the giant turtle monster Gamera.
The film was released theatrically in Japan on March 15, 1967. It was followed by Gamera vs. Viras the following year.
- Kojiro Hongo as Shiro Tsutsumi
- Kichijiro Ueda as Tatsuemon Kanamura
- Reiko Kasahara as Sumiko Kanamura
- Naoyuki Abe as Eiichi Kanamura
- Taro Marui as Mite-no-Tetsu
- Yukitaro Hotaru as Hachikō
- Yoshiro Kitahara as Dr. Aoki
- Akira Natsuki as Self-Defense Force General
- Kenji Oyama as District Police Commissione
- Fujio Murakami as Dr. Murakami