Creature Types Plant
Creature Types Plant, This type comprises vegetable creatures. Note that regular plants, such as one finds growing in gardens and fields, lack Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma scores; even though plants are alive, they are objects, not creatures.
- A plant creature has the following features.
- d8 Hit Die.
- Base attack bonus equal to 3/4 total Hit Dice (medium progression).
Good Fortitude saves.
Skill points equal to 2 + Intelligence modifier (minimum 1) per Hit Die. Some plant creatures, however, are mindless and gain no skill points or feats. The following are class skills for plants: Perception and Stealth.
Traits: A plant creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Low-Light Vision.
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
- Immunity to paralysis, poison, polymorph, sleep effects, and stunning.
- Proficient with its natural weapons only.
- Not proficient with armor.
- Plants breathe and eat, but do not sleep.
PLANTS IN FAERIE
While most plants lack minds, much less culture, some such as treants have both. These plants often live very simply and concern themselves with the balance of nature around them even more obsessively than the fey do.
A few intelligent plants, especially the treants and myconids, mimic fey social structures and even have blood courts ruled by plant Faerie Lords. These plants associate with (or choose to avoid) the various fey courts much as any fey might, though they tend to be less selfish than most fey and more willing to shoulder the burdens of a court title.