Qamaits is a powerful deity in the Nuxálk pantheon, revered as the warrior goddess of her people. Her symbol is a bow and arrow, representing her mastery of the hunt and her readiness to defend her followers in times of war. Her home plane is the Beastlands, where she dwells among her fellow gods and spirits.
- Pantheon: North American Pantheon
- Deity Title: The Warrior Queen, Lady of the Hunt, Protector of the People
- Deity Symbol: A stylized eagle or wolf in profile, holding a bow and arrow in one talon and a spear in the other
- Home Plane: The Beastlands
- Deity Level: 16 (greater deity)
- Alignment: Chaotic Good
- Aliases: Qamaitsa, Kamaits
- Superior: None
- Traditional Allies: Other nature and hunting gods, good-aligned spirits of the land and animals
- Traditional Foes: Evil spirits and gods, especially those who would harm the land and its creatures
- Divine Artifact: The Heart of the Hunt, a magical bow made of antler and sinew that never misses its target and deals double damage to evil creatures
- Servants: Hunting spirits, good-aligned fey, and guardians of the land
- Servitor Creatures: Eagles, wolves, big cats such as lions or panthers
- Sacred Animal: The eagle
- Manifestations: The call of a hunting eagle, the howl of a wolf pack, the sudden appearance of animals such as deer or elk
- Signs of Favor: Finding a rare or prized hunting trophy, surviving a dangerous hunt, a successful harvest of crops or fishing
- Worshipers: Hunters, farmers, nature lovers, indigenous people
- Cleric Alignments: Any non-evil
- Specialty Priests: Hunters, rangers, scouts, and other wilderness-related professions
- Holy Days: Winter solstice, spring equinox, first day of the full moon in September
- Portfolio: Hunting, nature, protection of the land and its creatures, success in life’s endeavors
- Domains: Animal, Good, Plant, Travel, War
- Favored Weapon: Bow, spear
- Favored Class: Ranger, druid
- Favored Race: Elves, half-elves, humans
- Duties of the Priesthood: Protect the land and its creatures, lead hunting and fishing expeditions, bless crops and harvest, provide guidance and aid to those in need
- Major Cult/Temple Sites: Natural caves, groves of sacred trees, open meadows, hunting lodges
- Benefits: Those who earn Qamaits’ favor can expect good hunting and fishing trips, successful harvests, and protection from harm while in the wilderness. Her followers also receive spells and abilities related to hunting, nature, and survival in the wild.
As a deity of the Nuxálk people, Qamaits embodies the spirit of their fierce independence and love of the natural world. She is aligned with the forces of good, but her devotion to her people and her own warrior spirit can sometimes lead her to act in ways that others might see as chaotic. Despite this, she is respected and loved by her followers, who seek her protection and guidance in all aspects of their lives.
Qamaits is served by a loyal cadre of divine servants and spirit creatures, who carry out her will and spread her influence throughout the world. Her sacred animal is the black bear, symbolizing both her ferocity and her nurturing spirit. Those who worship Qamaits are granted her blessings, which include increased physical prowess, the ability to commune with the natural world, and a deep connection to the spiritual realm.
The clergy of Qamaits are comprised of warriors, hunters, and spiritual leaders, who are called to serve their goddess in all aspects of life. Her holy days are marked by feasts, hunts, and war dances, as her followers pay homage to her power and give thanks for her blessings. The major cult sites of Qamaits are located throughout the Nuxálk territory, where her followers come to offer their prayers and receive her guidance.
Qamaits is depicted as a fierce and powerful warrior, standing tall with an athletic build and muscular arms. Her hair is long and dark, often adorned with feathers and beads, and her eyes are bright and piercing. She carries a bow and quiver of arrows, symbolizing her mastery over the hunt. Her skin is a deep bronze, reflecting her connection to the earth and her warrior spirit. When entering battle, she wears armor made from the hides of animals she has hunted, and her movements are graceful and precise, striking fear into the hearts of her enemies. Qamaits exudes confidence and strength, and is a powerful symbol of bravery, protection, and the natural world for her worshipers.
Overall, Qamaits is a powerful and beloved deity who holds a special place in the hearts of the Nuxálk people. Her strength, wisdom, and unwavering devotion to her followers make her a force to be reckoned with, both in the spiritual and physical realms.