Perses, The Elder Titan of Destruction
“Unleash the Power of Perses – God of Destruction and Chaos!”
- Deity Title: The Elder Titan of Destruction
- Deity Symbol: A fist clutching broken chains
- Home Plane: The Pit of Tartarus
- Deity Level: Greater deity
- Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
- Aliases: None
- Superior: None
- Traditional Allies: None
- Traditional Foes: The Olympian gods, especially Zeus
- Divine Artifact: Chaosreaver
- Servants: Demons, chaos spirits
- Servitor Creatures: Giant spiders, hellhounds, titanspawn
- Sacred Animal: Scorpions
- Manifestations: Earthquakes, raging fires, thunderstorms
- Signs of Favor: Sudden acts of destruction, unexpected outbreaks of violence
- Worshipers: War-mongers, rebels, anarchist, followers of chaos and destruction
- Cleric Alignments: Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Evil
- Specialty Priests: Chaospriests, Destructors
- Holy Days: The first day of every month, when acts of destruction are carried out in Perses’ name
- Portfolio: Destruction, chaos, rebellion
- Domains: Chaos, Destruction, Earth, Fire, War
- Favored Weapon: War hammer
- Favored Class: Barbarian, rogue
- Favored Race: Giants, orcs
- Duties of the Priesthood: To spread chaos and destruction, to overthrow the established order
- Major Cult/Temple Sites: The Pit of Tartarus, The city of Dis in the Underworld
- Benefits: Increased physical strength, ability to create and control natural disasters
Perses, the embodiment of primordial chaos, manifests as an imposing and awe-inspiring figure. Towering over the divine pantheon, his colossal form stretches towards the heavens, mirroring the boundless power he wields. His body appears forged from the very essence of darkness and inferno, emanating a sinister glow that hints at the vast forces he commands.
With every step, the ground trembles beneath him, echoing the primal rumblings of the earth itself. Flames dance and flicker along his sinewy limbs, crackling with malevolent energy. His eyes, akin to twin orbs of molten gold, burn with an intense and otherworldly intelligence, piercing through the souls of those who dare to meet his gaze.
The chaos of his appearance is mirrored in his attire—a cloak of roiling shadows that wraps around him like a tempestuous storm. Symbols of cosmic turmoil adorn his garments, marking him as the harbinger of cataclysmic change.
His very presence distorts reality, causing reality to ripple and warp around him. His aura radiates a palpable sense of foreboding, evoking the unsettling feeling of facing an imminent tempest.
He is the embodiment of destruction, seeking to unravel the fabric of existence and return all to the primal void. He represents the forces that predate order, a relentless force of change that seeks to tear down the established cosmic framework.
His motivations stem from a desire to reclaim the world for the chaotic and untamed forces of nature. He envisions a realm where entropy reigns supreme and the cycles of creation and destruction are in eternal flux. To achieve this, he seeks to unleash the full fury of the elements and the primordial forces locked within the cosmos.
Perses, though an antagonist to the divine pantheon, is also revered by those who venerate the untamed aspects of nature and the transformative power of chaos. His followers are drawn to the potential of rebirth and renewal that comes with the dismantling of the old and stagnant.
In the grand tapestry of mythology, Perses is a cosmic force whose actions shape the fate of worlds. His presence looms as a reminder of the delicate balance between order and chaos, and the eternal struggle between the forces of creation and dissolution. The fate of the cosmos hinges upon the actions of this primordial being, a harbinger of transformation and the embodiment of the ever-changing nature of existence.
Perses, the Primordial Chaos
Huge Titan (Deity), Chaotic Neutral
Armor Class 30 (Natural Armor)
Hit Points 900 (48d12 + 576)
Speed 60 ft., fly 120 ft. (hover)
|30 (+10)||28 (+9)||30 (+10)||28 (+9)||28 (+9)||30 (+10)|
Saving Throws Str +19, Dex +18, Con +19, Wis +18, Cha +20
Skills Arcana +18, History +18, Insight +18
Damage Resistances Cold, Fire, Lightning, Necrotic, Radiant, Thunder; Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing from Nonmagical Attacks
Damage Immunities Poison
Condition Immunities Charmed, Frightened, Paralyzed, Poisoned
Senses Truesight 120 ft., Passive Perception 19
Challenge 40 (123,500 XP)
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If he fails a saving throw, he can choose to succeed instead.
Magic Resistance. He has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
Primordial Nature. He is an ancient primordial being, and his attacks are considered magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks.
Innate Spellcasting. Perses’ spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 28). He can innately cast the following spells, requiring no material components:
- At will: Dispel Magic, Plane Shift
- 3/day each: Chain Lightning, Earthquake, Time Stop
- 1/day: Wish
Divine Artifacts. He wields the following divine artifacts:
- Chaosreaver – A massive greataxe infused with primordial chaos. It deals an additional 3d10 force damage on a hit and has a +3 bonus to attack and damage rolls.
- Orb of Celestial Cataclysm – A glowing orb that grants Perses control over cosmic forces. As an action, he can use the Orb to unleash a devastating cataclysmic event, dealing 20d10 force damage to all creatures within a 100-foot radius. Creatures must make a DC 25 Dexterity saving throw to take half damage.
Multiattack. He can make three melee attacks: two with his Chaosreaver and one with his Slam.
- Chaosreaver. Melee Weapon Attack: +19 to hit, reach 15 ft., one target. Hit: 4d12 + 10 slashing damage plus 3d10 force damage.
- Slam. Melee Weapon Attack: +19 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 4d8 + 10 bludgeoning damage.
- Forceful Aura. He releases a burst of chaotic energy in a 60-foot radius. All creatures within the area must succeed on a DC 25 Strength saving throw or be knocked prone and pushed 20 feet away from Perses.
Perses can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Perses regains spent legendary actions at the start of his turn.
- Chaos Wave (Costs 2 Actions). He unleashes a wave of chaotic energy in a 120-foot line. Each creature in that line must make a DC 25 Dexterity saving throw, taking 10d10 force damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
- Call of the Void (Costs 3 Actions). He opens a portal to the void, summoning three Voidspawn. These creatures serve Perses and obey his commands.
- Planar Shift (Costs 3 Actions). He uses Plane Shift to teleport to another plane of existence.
On initiative count 20 (losing initiative ties), Perses takes a lair action to cause one of the following effects:
- A tremor shakes the ground. Each creature on the ground within 120 feet of Perses must succeed on a DC 25 Dexterity saving throw or be knocked prone.
- Dark clouds gather overhead, shrouding the area in darkness. All nonmagical light sources within 120 feet of Perses are extinguished.
- He calls forth a violent storm. Heavy rain, strong winds, and thunderbolts pummel the area within 120 feet. Each creature in that area must succeed on a DC 25 Strength saving throw or be pushed 10 feet away from Perses and knocked prone.
The region around Perses’ lair is warped by his chaotic presence, creating the following effects:
- The weather is unpredictable, with sudden storms, gusty winds, and rapid temperature changes.
- Natural disasters, such as earthquakes and volcanic eruptions, become more frequent in the area.
- Creatures of chaos, like chaotic elementals and aberrations, are drawn to the region and roam freely.
- The boundaries between planes of existence weaken, and planar portals may appear spontaneously.
Perses is a colossal being standing over 30 feet tall. His body is composed of swirling primordial chaos, with shimmering colors constantly shifting and changing. His form is vaguely humanoid, but with multiple appendages that morph and reshape with each movement. Molten eyes gaze from within his ever-changing visage, and his voice reverberates like the echoes of the universe.
Personality and Motivations
Perses embodies the raw, untamed power of chaos and the forces of creation and destruction. He is an enigmatic and unpredictable being, driven by the desire to bring change and transformation to the cosmos. His motivations are beyond mortal comprehension, as he seeks to maintain the cosmic balance and ensure that chaos and order remain in eternal flux.
Society and Habitat
Perses dwells in the farthest reaches of the cosmos, in a realm of ever-shifting planes and dimensions. He rarely interferes directly with mortal affairs but exerts his influence from the cosmic fringes. Mortals who encounter him are either granted great boons or face devastating cataclysms, depending on the whims of the chaotic deity.
Perses is worshiped by a select few who seek to embrace the unpredictable nature of the cosmos and harness the power of chaos for their own purposes. Some cults revere him as the harbinger of change, while others fear him as the agent of destruction.
As the Primordial Chaos, Perses possesses unparalleled control over cosmic forces. He can shape reality, summon cataclysmic events, and manipulate the very fabric of existence.
In the earliest myths, Perses was a figure of immense power who helped shape the cosmos. Over time, his role evolved, and he became associated with the unpredictable and transformative aspects of creation and destruction.
Notable Encounters and Individuals
Perses rarely interacts with mortals directly, but ancient texts and legends speak of powerful heroes and mages who sought his favor or dared to challenge his chaotic will. These encounters often resulted in momentous events that shaped the course of history.
Currently in the World
In the eons before recorded time, when the cosmos was young and its tapestry yet unthreaded, Perses, the harbinger of chaos, strides across the celestial expanse. His colossal form casts a shadow upon the stars, and his presence causes the very heavens to tremble with trepidation.
With each step, worlds shudder and civilizations crumble. Wherever he treads, chaos follows, unmaking the carefully woven fabric of reality. Perses, an enigmatic figure of primordial power, embodies the unrestrained forces of nature that predate the pantheons of gods.
Through the ages, he has been a force of transformation and destruction, seeking to undo the established order and return all to the swirling void. His desires stem from a profound yearning to unleash the full fury of the elements and witness the rebirth that arises from the ruins of the old.
As empires rise and fall, Perses watches from the cosmic plane, his molten eyes burning with an intensity that reflects the turmoil within. He is not an agent of malevolence, but rather a manifestation of the ceaseless dance between creation and dissolution.
In the annals of history, the echoes of Perses’ actions can be traced across civilizations and epochs. Cataclysmic events, unexplained shifts in the natural world, and the rise and fall of empires bear the telltale signs of his chaotic touch.
At times, he is venerated by those who see beauty in the unpredictable and untamed aspects of existence. To them, herepresents the promise of renewal that follows the destruction of the old. They see him as a catalyst for transformation, an agent of change that breaks the chains of stagnation.
Yet, in the eyes of established pantheons, he is viewed with wary vigilance. The gods sense the unbridled power he wields, and they seek to keep his chaotic tendencies in check. The cosmic balance teeters on a precipice, and Perses’ actions could tip the scales towards cataclysm or rebirth.
As the world moves towards the 1450s, his motivations remain inscrutable, and his goals unfathomable. His presence continues to cast a profound impact on the destinies of worlds and the weave of fate itself.
In the grand tapestry of existence, Perses stands as a testament to the inherent chaos that dwells within the heart of all creation. His actions shape the ebb and flow of history, forever reminding mortals of the impermanence of order and the eternal dance of chaos and rebirth.