Sigyn, The Faithful Goddess of Loyalty
“Sigyn: The Loyal Goddess Who Bears the Weight of Loki’s Torment!”
- Pantheon: Norse Pantheon
- Deity Title: Sigyn, The Faithful Goddess of Loyalty
- Deity Symbol: A silver bowl cradled in gentle hands
- Home Plane: Asgard, the realm of gods
- Deity Level: Lesser Deity
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- Aliases: None
- Superior: None (Independent Deity)
- Traditional Allies: Freyja, Frigg, Balder
- Traditional Foes: Loki, Angrboda, Fenrir
- Divine Artifact: “Bowl of Eternal Embrace” – A silver bowl that bestows comfort and healing to those who drink from it, fostering a sense of loyalty and love.
- Servants: Loyal Valkyries and celestial spirits
- Servitor Creatures: Divine swans and benevolent wolves
- Sacred Animal: Swans and wolves
- Manifestations: Radiant golden aura, a soothing voice, and the fragrance of blooming flowers
- Signs of Favor: An increase in swan and wolf sightings, the appearance of blooming flowers in unexpected places
- Worshipers: Lovers, caretakers, loyal companions, those seeking comfort and solace
- Cleric Alignments: Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral
- Specialty Priests: Comforters of the Loyal Heart, Sworn Protectors
- Holy Days: The Festival of Eternal Embrace on the first full moon of spring
- Portfolio: Loyalty, Compassion, Love, Healing, Comfort
- Domains: Life, Light, Nature
- Favored Weapon: Staff or Sling
- Favored Class: Cleric or Paladin
- Favored Race: Humans, Elves, and Aasimar
- Duties of the Priesthood: Comforting the grieving, offering solace and healing to the wounded, fostering unity and harmony
- Major Cult/Temple Sites: Temples and shrines dedicated to Sigyn are often found in serene and beautiful natural settings, near tranquil rivers or pristine lakes. The most renowned temple to Sigyn is the Shrine of Eternal Embrace, located on a secluded island surrounded by swans and guarded by wolves.
- Benefits: Worshipers of Sigyn gain increased resilience to emotional turmoil and are granted the ability to bring comfort and healing to those in distress. Clerics gain the ability to summon celestial swans and wolves to aid them in times of need. Paladins of Sigyn gain the power to heal and protect their allies with a divine aura of loyalty and love.
In the divine realm of Asgard, Sigyn stands as a vision of unwavering loyalty and devotion. Her ethereal presence radiates a sense of grace and poise, captivating all who gaze upon her. With flowing golden hair that cascades down her shoulders like strands of sunlight, she exudes an otherworldly beauty that is both enchanting and serene. Her eyes, the color of deep ocean waters, hold a depth of compassion and understanding that draws others to her with an irresistible allure.
Clad in a flowing gown of shimmering silver and adorned with intricate, delicate jewelry, Sigyn’s attire reflects her divine status. Her regal bearing is complemented by a gentle warmth that puts those around her at ease, instilling a sense of comfort and trust in her presence.
As the loving wife of Loki, the trickster god, Sigyn bears the weight of her husband’s torment with an unyielding fortitude. She is often depicted with a bowl in her hands, tirelessly catching the venomous droplets that drip from a serpent suspended above Loki’s bound form. Her unwavering dedication to easing his suffering is a testament to her loyalty and commitment.
Sigyn’s role as a deity embodies the essence of loyalty, compassion, and the strength found in steadfast love. Despite the challenges and trials she faces as Loki’s wife, she remains steadfast in her devotion, symbolizing the enduring power of faithfulness and the willingness to endure even the most difficult circumstances for the sake of love.
Her purpose as a goddess is to embody the virtues of loyalty and compassion, serving as a beacon of hope and inspiration for mortals to cultivate similar qualities in their own lives. Through her actions, she teaches the value of staying true to one’s convictions and standing by those we hold dear, even in the face of adversity. Sigyn’s divine presence serves as a reminder that loyalty is a sacred bond that can weather the storms of fate and forge unbreakable connections that span across time and eternity.
Sigyn, The Faithful Goddess
Large celestial, lawful good
Armor Class 25 (natural armor)
Hit Points 600 (32d10 + 384)
Speed 60 ft., fly 120 ft.
|30 (+10)||26 (+8)||32 (+11)||24 (+7)||30 (+10)||28 (+9)|
Saving Throws Str +20, Con +21, Wis +20, Cha +19
Skills Perception +20, Insight +20, Persuasion +19
Senses truesight 120 ft., passive Perception 30
Languages All, telepathy 120 ft.
Challenge 30 (155,000 XP)
Divine Aura. Sigyn’s presence fills the area around her with a soothing aura. Creatures within 60 feet of her have advantage on Wisdom saving throws and are immune to being frightened.
Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Sigyn fails a saving throw, she can choose to succeed instead.
Multiattack. Sigyn can make three attacks: two with her divine staff and one with her sacred bow.
- Divine Staff. Melee Weapon Attack: +20 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 34 (4d6 + 17) bludgeoning damage plus 14 (4d6) radiant damage.
- Sacred Bow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +18 to hit, range 300/600 ft., one target. Hit: 24 (3d8 + 10) piercing damage plus 12 (3d8) radiant damage.
- Healing Touch (Recharge 5-6). She places her hands on a creature she can see within 60 feet. The creature regains 60 (8d10 + 10) hit points and is cured of any diseases or poisons affecting it.
- Divine Embrace (Costs 2 Actions). She embraces a willing ally or a creature charmed by her within 30 feet. The target gains temporary hit points equal to half its maximum hit points and is immune to being charmed or frightened for 1 minute.
Sigyn’s lair actions are always active within her presence. The soothing aura of her domain grants all creatures friendly to her advantage on saving throws against fear effects.
Sigyn can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature’s turn. Sigyn regains spent legendary actions at the start of her turn.
- Divine Presence. She can take the Dash action without spending a legendary action.
- Healing Words (Costs 2 Actions). She can cast a healing spell of 6th level or lower without expending a spell slot.
- Divine Grace (Costs 3 Actions). She can target one creature she can see within 60 feet with her Divine Embrace ability.
Sigyn, the Faithful Goddess of Loyalty, radiates an aura of serene beauty and compassion. Her long, flowing hair shimmers with golden light, and her eyes exude an ethereal tranquility. Clad in regal celestial armor and holding a divine staff in one hand and a sacred bow in the other, Sigyn appears as the epitome of divine grace and virtue.
Sigyn embodies unwavering loyalty and unwavering compassion. She is gentle and caring, always ready to provide solace to those in need. As the devoted wife of Loki, she stands by his side even in the darkest times, never faltering in her commitment to him.
Society and Habitat
Sigyn resides in the celestial realm of Asgard, where she watches over her loyal followers and brings comfort to those who suffer. Her serene temples are often found in secluded, peaceful locations, adorned with symbols of swans and wolves, her sacred animals.
Sigyn is highly regarded among the Norse pantheon as the paragon of loyalty and devotion. She is often sought after by those in need of comfort, protection, and healing.
Sigyn possesses divine healing powers and can restore vitality to wounded allies with her healing touch. Her soothing aura grants her followers protection against fear and emotional turmoil.
In Norse mythology, Sigyn’s unwavering loyalty to Loki, even in the face of immense suffering, is a testament to her character and dedication. Her presence has been depicted in various myths, offering solace and comfort to the gods and mortals alike.
Sigyn’s presence is often sought by heroes and adventurers seeking her guidance and blessings. She has been known to intervene in critical battles, healing the wounded and inspiring her allies to triumph over adversity.
Overall, Sigyn’s divine power lies in her ability to foster loyalty and love, offering solace to the suffering and healing to the wounded. Her presence brings comfort and serenity, a beacon of hope in times of darkness.
Bowl of Eternal Embrace
Wondrous Item (Divine Artifact), Legendary
This ornate silver bowl bears intricate engravings of swans and wolves, symbolizing the eternal bond between Sigyn and Loki. The bowl radiates a comforting warmth and emits a soft, soothing aura.
- While in possession of the Bowl of Eternal Embrace, Sigyn can use it once per day as an action to grant a willing creature temporary hit points equal to its maximum hit points. These hit points last for 1 hour.
- The creature affected by the bowl also gains advantage on Wisdom saving throws and is immune to being frightened for the duration of the temporary hit points.
The Bowl of Eternal Embrace regains its daily charge at the break of dawn, symbolizing the renewal of loyalty and love within Sigyn’s domain.
Forged by divine craftsmen in the heart of Asgard, the Bowl of Eternal Embrace represents Sigyn’s unyielding loyalty and compassion. Created as a gift from the other gods to show their appreciation for her devotion to Loki, the bowl became a symbol of hope and healing within the Norse pantheon.
The Bowl of Eternal Embrace is a legendary artifact known throughout the realms. It is sought after by heroes and mortals alike, who hope to receive the blessings and protection of Sigyn.
When Sigyn uses the Bowl of Eternal Embrace, the recipient feels a profound sense of comfort and peace. The bowl’s magic fills them with renewed strength and resilience, allowing them to face challenges with unwavering courage.
In Sigyn’s temples and among her followers, the Bowl of Eternal Embrace is considered a sacred relic. It is often used during ceremonies to symbolize the everlasting bond of loyalty and love, inspiring devotion to Sigyn and her teachings.
Throughout history, the Bowl of Eternal Embrace has been used to aid heroes in their quests and to provide solace to those facing great adversity. Its divine properties have turned the tide of battles and protected countless lives, leaving a lasting impact on those touched by its benevolent magic.
Currently in the World
Sigyn, the embodiment of unwavering loyalty, stands as a beacon of compassion amidst the pantheon of gods. From the moment of her inception, she radiates an ethereal grace, drawing all towards her with a magnetic allure. Her voice, a melodic whisper, carries the wisdom of ages past, and her touch holds a profound warmth that eases the burdened hearts of both gods and mortals.
Through the epochs, Sigyn’s actions reverberate across the celestial planes, leaving an indelible mark on the world’s tapestry. During times of great upheaval, her divine essence shines ever brighter, offering solace to the anguished souls. She embraces the wounded in her tender embrace, bringing them comfort and healing as they navigate the tumultuous seas of fate. Amidst celestial conflicts, her voice serves as a soothing balm, pacifying heated tensions and nurturing peace among the warring gods.
As the world turns towards the 1450s, Sigyn’s goals remain intertwined with the greater good of all beings. Her desires are rooted in the harmony and unity that transcend the boundaries of divinity and mortality alike. She seeks to mend the fractures in the tapestry of existence, forging bonds of loyalty and compassion that withstand the tests of time. Her motivations stem not from ambition or power, but from a profound love for the world and its inhabitants.
In this era of burgeoning human civilizations, Sigyn’s influence extends beyond the divine realms. Mortals revere her as a symbol of steadfastness and devotion, seeking her guidance in matters of the heart and soul. Kings and rulers seek her counsel in times of uncertainty, finding solace in her gentle wisdom. Amidst the growing complexities of human affairs, she remains a constant source of compassion, guiding mortals towards unity and understanding.
Yet, for all her divine virtues, Sigyn’s unwavering loyalty to her husband, Loki, becomes both her strength and her vulnerability. In his darkest moments, she stands by his side, catching the venomous droplets that fall from the serpent above him, offering him respite from torment. Her boundless love blinds her to his deceptive nature, making her susceptible to manipulation by those who seek to exploit her unwavering devotion.
Throughout the ages, Sigyn’s interactions with other gods have been marked by respect and admiration. She forms profound bonds with deities who uphold virtues akin to her own, forging alliances that transcend time and space. In these celestial kinships, she finds solace and companionship, further fueling her dedication to fostering unity and harmony.
As the world enters the 1450s, Sigyn’s story is one of love’s enduring power, loyalty’s unwavering strength, and compassion’s boundless grace. Her ethereal presence continues to shape the course of celestial events and mortal destinies alike, a celestial guardian who guides all towards a future where compassion and devotion unite the celestial and mortal realms in an eternal embrace.