An astrologer seeks the truth in the study of the heavens and celestial charts. A believer in destiny, he seeks to find the most auspicious times to do things, and tries to predict the result of actions and the events of the future.
Author Keith Baker, Adam Bank, Chris Jones, Scott Reeves, and Elton Robb
Publish date 2002
Astrologers have the following game statistics.
Abilities: Intelligence is the key ability for astrological magic. Astrologers gain bonus spell formulae per day based on their Intelligence. To attempt a spell formula, an astrologer must have an Intelligence equal to 10 + the spell’s level.
Hit Dice: d4.
The astrologer’s class skills (and the key abilities for each skill) are Alchemy (Intelligence), Astrology (Intelligence), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Intelligence), Concentration (Constitution), Craft (Intelligence), Gather Information (Charisma), Profession (Wisdom), Scry (Intelligence), and Spellcraft (Intelligence).
Skill points at 1st Level: (4 + Intelligence modifier) x 4.
Skill points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Intelligence modifier.
All of the following are class features of the astrologer.
Arcane spell failure chances are incurred only when the astrologer attempts to prepare a spell formulae for a spell with a somatic component. Invoking (casting) a spell never results in an arcane spell failure chance.
Spells: Astrologers cast arcane spells by drawing on the energies radiating from the celestial realms. Because the physical heavens are in perpetual motion, these energies constantly change, giving astrologers great flexibility when working their magic. This same flexibility, on the other hand, requires astrologers to prepare unique spell formulae for each spell they attempt to cast.
Astrologer spellcasting has three basic elements: creating a spell formula, using an astrological fetish (if necessary), and invoking the spell. Each step is discussed in turn below:
Spell Formulae: Astrologers do not learn spells from books or from meditation. Instead, they use their knowledge of astrology to create spell formulae that take advantage of the present and future positions of the stars and planets. Astrologers can create a number of spell formulae per day based on class level (and bonus formulae based on Intelligence). Creating a spell formula requires intensive, tiring astrological computation. Once an astrologer has used up all her spell formulae slots for the day, she must get a good night’s rest before trying again.
An astrologer’s own nativity horoscope is an important part of every spell formula. Spell formulae, therefore, are only usable by the astrologer who computes them. Astrologers have been working on ‘universal spell formulae’ for centuries, but so far the magic of astrology has proven far to delicate and personal to generalize.
The first step in creating a spell formula is to choose the desired spell. The astrologer can choose any spell on the astrologer spell list (within the astrologer’s level and Intelligence limits). Any verbal, somatic, or focus components are used during the creation of the spell formula. Any material, XP cost, or other components are used when the spell itself is invoked.
Next, to attempt to create a spell formula, an astrologer must have an Intelligence equal to 10 + the spell’s level and make an Astrology check. The total Astrology DC for creating a spell formula is 10 + the level of the desired spell + duration modifier + the target bonus (if any).
A formula remains effective for the length of its duration; it can be invoked at any time within its duration. Once the duration expires, the formula expires as well, and the spell can be no longer invoked. Duration is chosen by the astrologer, and modifies the DC of the Astrology check for creating a spell formula as listed in the table below:
|Solar diameter*||3 minutes||-5|
|Solar phase||Next sunrise or sunset, whichever comes first||+0|
|Lunar phase||3 days (at moonrise)||+5||Requires fetish|
|Lunar month||Until current lunar phase repeats (at moonrise)||+10||Requires fetish|
|Season||Next equinox or solstice, whichever comes first||+15||Requires fetish|
|Solar||year 4 seasons||+20||Requires fetish|
* A ‘solar diameter’ is the time it takes the sun to travel its own diameter across the sky. Invoking the spell does not require being outdoors or in daylight.
An astrologer can also specify a target for the spell formula if the target remains within the astrologer’s sight during the time it takes to compute the spell formula, or if the astrologer has some knowledge about or connection to the target. If a target/subject is specified, invoking the spell against anything else results in automatic failure. Specifying a target earns bonuses to the Astrology check for computing the spell formula, as shown in the table below:
with target You do not gain bonus
to known creatures, objects, and locations*
to creatures known** and objects
to known creatures, objects, and buildings
part of target
nativity interpreted/created nativity
* Examples: Arith
the Dracon, Mount Greylock, Orb of Asphodel, etc.
** The birthplace
of an object is the location in which an object was created.
of objects is the day their creation began. The birthday of buildings
is the start of their construction.
a picture, sculpture, written description, etc.
Examples: blood or a lock of hair for creatures, a piece of masonry for locations, a sliver of wood or metal for objects
Other connections may also provide bonuses at the GMs discretion.
Once the Astrology check has been made, taking these modifiers into consideration, record the check result if successful. If the check fails, the astrologer abandons the formula after spending a number of minutes equal to the modified DC. In other words, it takes the DC amount in minutes for the astrologer to realize that he made a fatal error in computing the formula.
If the Astrology check succeeds, the astrologer finishes the formula in an amount of time no greater than a base time of DC x 10 in minutes. If something interrupts the formula’s creation, the astrologer makes a Concentration check against a variable DC as if casting a spell. If the Concentration check fails or if the astrologer voluntarily stops computing, the spell formula automatically fails. If the Astrology check is at least twice the DC, the formula takes half the base time to complete. If the Astrology check is three times the DC, the formula takes a third of the base time, and so on.
Astrological Fetish: A spell formulae with a duration longer than a solar phase requires the
creation of an astrological fetish. Fetishes are intimate constructions that
cannot be made for other characters. Only the fetishs creator can invoke
the spell contained within.
An astrological fetish
is a small assemblage of materials designed to capture stellar arcane energies
for later use. Fetishes can easily fit in the palm of a hand, and astrologers
typically wear them about their necks, pinned to their clothes, or even wound
into their hair. Typical components include burnt incense or aromatics, rare
wood, polished rocks or minerals, strips of fine cloth or ribbons, and bits
of bone and leather. The cost of raw materials for a fetish is based on the
level of the spell and the formulas duration.
|Duration||Raw Material Cost|
|Lunar phase||Spell’s level in gp|
|Lunar month||Spell’s level in gp x 5|
|Season||Spell’s level in gp x 10|
|Solar year||Spell’s level in gp x 100|
For example, Asphodel carries 50 gp worth of fetish raw materials in a gunnysack. He wants to create a formula for a 3rd-level spell with a lunar month duration, requiring a fetish costing 15 gp. He pulls a handful of pretty baubles from his gunnysack, which now contains 35 gp worth of fetish raw materials.
The astrologer assembles a fetish during the spell formula creation process. Doing so takes no extra time. To invoke a spell contained within a fetish, the fetish must be touching the astrologers skin. If a fetish is destroyed before the spell can be invoked, or if the formulas duration expires, the fetish is rendered useless. A useless fetish is worth at most one half its original cost in raw materials, less if damaged. Invoking a Spell: Invoking a spell formula can be faster or slower than typical spellcasting, depending upon the situation. Using a fetish while invoking a spell counts as a partial action (in addition to any other time requirements) that provokes an Attack of Opportunity.
Invoking any spell with a material or XP component takes at least one action. Spells with such components take their listed casting times.
A spell with a listed casting time of 1 action, however, is invoked as a free action, as long as no material or XP components are required. Verbal, focus, and somatic components are supplied during the creation of the spell forumula itself, and are not needed when the spell is invoked. Spells with casting times longer than 1 action take their listed casting time.
The DC of a saving throw against an astrologer’s spell is equal the Astrology check result for creating its spell formula.
Familiar: An astrologer can summon a familiar in exactly the same way as a sorcerer, with the same benefits.
Bonus Feat: Every five levels an astrologer gains a bonus feat. This feat must be a metamagic feat, an item creation feat (including Compute Spell Inception, or Create Spell Talisman; only an astrologer can take the special feat Create Spell Talisman from the alchemy section.
School Specialization Astrologers study the heavens effects on the different types of magic. An astrologer can specialize in a school of magic in exactly the same way as a wizard, except that astrologers cannot pick illusion as their prohibited school. Astrology magic is already weak with illusions, and astrologers gain no benefit from not studying the stars effect on them.
Extra-Planar Weakness: Although astrologers are masters of planar magic while in familiar territory, their reliance on the physical heavens cripples them when journeying to different realms of existence. While in any plane other than the Material, Astral, or Ethereal Planes, astrologers
suffer the following penalties: after preparing a spell formula, the astrologer must make a Knowledge (the planes) check with a DC equal to the Astrology check result for creating the formula. If the Knowledge (the planes) check fails, the formula is useless and the spell formula per day slot is wasted. At the GMs discretion, the DC and base time for creating spell formula may be increased to reflect the otherworldliness of the astrologers surroundings. If in a realm without a sky or stars, creating spell formula may simply be impossible. In addition, all spell formulae with a duration of solar phase immediately expire upon the astrologers entrance into the other-world.
0-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS (ALIQUOTS)
* Resistance. Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
- * Detect Poison. Detects poison in one creature or small object.
- * Know Direction. You discern north.
- * Guidance. +1 on one roll, save, or check.
- * True Strike. Adds +20 bonus to your next attack roll.
* daze. Creature loses next action.
* Light. Object shines like a torch.
* virtue. Subject gains 1 temporary hp.
- * Arcane Mark. Inscribes a personal rune (visible or invisible).
- * Detect Magic. Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
- * Prestidigitation. Performs minor tricks.
- * read magic. Read scrolls and spellbooks.
1ST-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS
- * alarm Wards an area for 2 hours/level.
- * endure elements Ignores 5 damage/round from one energy type.
- * Hold Portal Holds door shut.
- * protection from chaos/Evil/Good/Law +2 AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
- * Remove Fear +4 on saves against fear for one subject +1/four levels.
- * Shield Invisible disc gives cover and blocks magic missiles.
- * mage armor Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
- * Mount Summons riding horse for 2 hr./level.
- * summon monster II Calls outsider to fight for you.
- * unseen servant Creates invisible force that obeys your commands.
- * comprehend languages Understands all spoken and written languages.
- * detect chaos/Evil/Good/Law Reveals creatures, spells, or objects.
- * detect secret doors Reveals hidden doors within 60 ft.
- * Detect Undead Reveals undead within 60 ft.
- * identify Determines single feature of magic item.
- * locate object Senses direction toward object (specific or type).
- * Bane Enemies suffer 1 attack, 1 on saves against fear.
- * Bless Allies gain +1 attack and +1 on saves against fear.
- * Charm Person Makes one person your friend.
- * Command One subject obeys one-word command for 1 round.
- * Doom One subject suffers 2 on attacks, damage, saves, and checks.
- * hypnotism Fascinates 2d4 HD of creatures.
- * Random Action One creature acts randomly for one round.
- * Sleep Put 2d4 HD of creatures into comatose slumber.
* divine favor You gain attack, damage bonus, +1/three levels.
- * cause fear One creature flees for 1d4 rounds.
- * chill touch 1 touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 Strength damage.
- * erase Mundane or magical writing vanishes.
- * magic stone Three stones gain +1 attack, deal 1d6+1 damage.
- * Magic Weapon Weapon gains +1 bonus.
- * Message Whispered conversation at distance.
2ND-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS
- * Arcane Lock Magically locks a portal or chest.
- * obscure object Masks object against divination.
- * Protection from Arrows Subject immune to most ranged attacks.
- * Resist Energy Ignores 12 damage/round from one energy type
- * undetectable alignment Conceals alignment for 24 hours.
- * delay poison Stops poison from harming subject for 1 hour/level.
- * glitterdust Blinds creatures, outlines invisible creatures.
- * Lesser restoration Dispels magic ability penalty or repairs 1d4 ability damage.
- * remove paralysis Frees one or more creatures from paralysis, hold, or slow.
- * summon monster III Calls outsider to fight for you.
- * summon swarm Summons swarm of small crawling or flying creatures.
- * Augury Learns whether an action will be good or bad.
- * detect thoughts Allows Listeningto surface thoughts.
- * Find Traps Notice traps as a rogue does.
- * locate creature Indicates direction to familiar creature.
- * see invisibility Reveals invisible creatures or objects.
- * speak with animals You can communicate with natural animals.
- * Aid +1 attack, +1 on saves against fear, 1d8 temporary hit points.
- * calm emotions Calms 1d6 subjects/level, negating emotion effects.
- * Enthrall Captivates all within 100 ft. + 10 ft./level.
- * Hold Person Holds one person helpless; 1 round/level.
- * hideous laughter Subject loses actions for 1d3 rounds.
- * Darkness 20-ft. radius of supernatural darkness.
- * daylight 60-ft. radius of bright light.
- * Misdirection Misleads divinations for one creature or object.
- * ghoul touch Paralyzes one subject, who exudes stench (2 penalty) nearby.
- * scare Panics creatures up to 5 HD (15-ft. radius).
- * alter self As change self, plus more drastic changes.
- * blindness/deafness Makes subject blind or deaf.
- * Bulls Strength Subject gains 1d4+1 Strength for 1 hr./level.
- * Cats Grace Subject gains 1d4+1 Dexterity for 1 hr./level.
- * Darkvision See 60 ft. in total darkness.
- * Endurance Gain 1d4+1 Constitution for 1 hr./level.
- * Knock Opens locked or magically sealed door.
- * whispering wind Sends a short message one mile/level.
3RD-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS
- * Dimension Anchor Bars extradimensional movement.
- * glyph of warding Inscription harms those who pass it.
- * dispel magic Cancels magical spells and effects.
- * Magic Circle Against Chaos/Evil/Good/Law As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
- * nondetection Hides subject from divination, scrying.
- * protection from energy Absorb 12 damage/level from one kind of energy.
- * remove curse Frees object or person from curse.
- * phantom steed Magical horse appears for 1 hour/level.
- * Prayer Allies gain +1 on most rolls, and enemies suffer 1.
- * Remove blindness/deafness Cures normal or magical conditions.
- * remove disease Cures all diseases affecting subject.
- * summon monster IV Calls outsider to fight for you.
- * clairaudience/clairvoyance Hear or see at a distance for 1 min./level.
- * detect scrying Alerts you of magical eavesdropping.
- * speak with plants You can talk to normal plants and plant creatures.
- * tongues Speak any language.
- * charm monster Makes monster believe it is your ally.
- * suggestion Compels subject to follow stated course of action.
- * call lightning Directs lightning bolts (1d10/level) during storms.
- * deeper darkness Object sheds absolute darkness in 60-ft. radius.
- * searing light Ray deals 1d8/two levels, more against undead.
- * Wind Wall Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.
- * Illusory Script Only intended reader can decipher.
- * animate dead Creates undead skeletons and Zombies.
- * gentle repose Preserves one corpse.
- * halt undead Immobilizes undead for 1 round/level.
- * speak with dead Corpse answers one question/two levels.
- * bestow curse - 6 to an ability; - 4 on attacks, saves, and checks; or 50% chance of losing each action.
- * Blink * You randomly vanish and reappear for 1 round/level.
- * greater magic weapon** +1/three levels (max +5).
- * keen edge Doubles normal weapons threat range.
- * magic vestment Armor or shield gains +1 enhancement/three levels.
- * secret page Changes one page to hide its real content.
4TH-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS
- * dismissal Forces a creature to return to native plane.
- * Minor Globe of Invulnerability Stops 1st through 3rd-level spell effects.
- * Negative Energy Protection Subject resists level and ability drains.
- * spell immunity Subject is immune to one spell/four levels.
- * lesser planar binding Traps outsider until it performs a task.
- * minor creation Creates one cloth or wood object.
- * Restoration Restores level and ability score drains.
- * sepia snake sigil Creates text symbol that immobilizes reader.
- * Summon Monster V Calls outsider to fight for you.
- * arcane eye Invisible floating eye moves 30 ft./round.
- * discern lies Reveals deliberate falsehoods.
- * Divination Provides useful advice for specific proposed actions.
- * scrying Spies on subject from a distance.
- * confusion Makes subject behave oddly for 1 round/level.
- * Emotion Arouses strong emotion in subject.
- * Hold monster As Hold Person, but any creature.
- * lesser geas Commands subject of 7 HD or less.
- * Invisibility Purge Dispels invisibility within 5 ft./level.
- * resilient sphere Force globe protects but traps one subject.
- * displacement Attacks miss subject 50%.
- * Invisibility Subject is invisible for 10 min./level or until it attacks.
- * Contagion Infects subject with chosen disease.
- * death ward Grants immunity to death spells and effects.
- * enervation Subject gains 1d4 negative levels.
- * Fear Subjects within cone flee for 1 round/level.
- * dimension door Teleports you and up to 500 lbs.
- * greater magic weapon +1 bonus/three levels (max +5).
- * Polymorph Self You assume a new form.
5TH-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS
- * break enchantment Frees subjects from enchantments, alterations, curses, and petrification.
- * dispel chaos/Evil/Good/Law +4 bonus against attacks.
- * Planar Binding As lesser planar binding, but up to 16 HD.
- * major creation As minor creation, plus stone and metal.
- * Faithful Hound Phantom dog can guard, attack.
- * Neutralize poison Detoxifies venom in or on subject.
- * summon monster VI Calls outsider to fight for you.
- * contact other plane Ask question of extraplanar entity.
- * Prying Eyes 1d4 floating eyes +1/level scout for you.
- * Telepathic Bond Link lets allies communicate.
- * true seeing See all things as they really are.
- * greater command As command, but affects one subject/level.
- * dominate person Controls humanoid telepathically.
- * feeblemind Subject’s Intelligence drops to 1.
- * Sending Delivers short message anywhere, instantly.
- * Wall of Force Wall is immune to damage.
- * Dream Sends message to anyone sleeping.
- * false vision Fools scrying with an illusion.
- * Invisibility Sphere Makes everyone within 10 ft. invisible.
- * nightmare Sends vision dealing 1d10 damage, fatigue.
- * Poison Touch deals 1d10 Constitution damage, repeats in 1 min.
- * Magic Jar Enables possession of another creature.
- * ethereal jaunt You become ethereal for 1 round/level.
- * fabricate Transforms raw materials into finished items.
- * passwall Breaches walls 1 ft. thick/level.
- * plane shift. Up to eight subjects travel to another plane.
- * Polymorph Other Gives one subject a new form.
- * Teleport Instantly transports you anywhere.
- * Universal permanency Makes certain spells permanent; costs XP.
6TH-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS
- * antimagic field Negates magic within 10 ft.
- * Banishment Banishes 2 HD/level extraplanar creatures.
- * Forbiddance Denies area to creatures of another alignment.
- * Globe of Invulnerability As minor globe, plus 4th level.
- * dispel magic, greater As dispel magic, but +20 on check.
- * greater glyph of warding As glyph of warding, but up to 10d8 damage or 6th level spell.
- * repulsion Creatures cannot approach you.
- * Lesser Plannar Ally Exchange services with an 8 HD outsider.
- * summon monster VI Calls outsider to fight for you.
- * Analyze Dweomer Reveals magical aspects of subject.
- * find the path Shows most direct way to location.
- * Legend Lore Learn tales about a person, place, or thing.
- * geas/quest As lesser geas, plus it affects any creature.
- * Mass suggestion As suggestion, plus one/level subjects.
*contingency Sets trigger condition for another spell.
* greater invisibility As invisibility, but subject can attack and stay invisible.
- * control winds Change wind direction and speed
- * disintegrate Makes one creature or object vanish.
- * etherealness Travel to Ethereal Plane with companions.
- * eyebite Charm, fear, sicken or sleep one subject.
- * Transmutation You gain combat bonuses.
- * word of recall Teleports you back to designated place.
7TH-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS
- * guards and wards Array of magical effects protect area.
- * Sequester Subject is invisible to sight and scrying.
- * spell turning Reflect 1d4+6 spell levels back at caster.
- * greater planar binding As lesser planar binding, but up to 24 HD.
- * Instant Summons Prepared object appears in your hand.
- * Magnificent Mansion Door leads to extradimensional mansion.
- * Phase door Invisible passage through wood or stone.
- * Power Word, Stun Stuns creature with up to 150 hp.
- * Summon monster VIII Calls outsider to fight for you.
- * Greater Scrying As scrying, but faster and longer.
- * Stone Tell Talk with stone.
- * Vision As Legend Lore, but quicker and strenuous.
* Insanity Subject suffers continuous confusion.
- * Forcecage Cube of force imprisons all inside.
- * Sword Floating magic blade strikes opponents.
- * shadow walk Step into shadow to travel rapidly.
- * control undead Undead do not attack you while under your command.
- * Finger of Death Kills one subject.
- * greater restoration As restoration, plus restores all levels and ability scores.
- * control weather Changes weather in local area.
- * Refuge Alters item to transport its possessor to you.
- * reverse gravity Objects and creatures fall upward.
- * Statue Subject can become a statue at will.
- * Teleport without Error As teleport, but no off target arrival.
- * Vanish As teleport, but affects a touched object.
* limited wish Alters reality-within spell limits.
8TH-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS
- * antimagic field Negates magic within 10 ft.
- * mind blank Subject is immune to mental/emotional magic and scrying.
- * protection from spells Confers +8 resistance bonus.
- * Earthquake Intense tremor shakes 5-ft./level radius.
- * maze Traps subject in extradimensional maze.
- * planar ally As lesser planar ally, but up to 16 HD.
- * Power Word, Blind Blinds 200 hp worth of creatures.
- * summon monster IX Calls outsider to fight for you.
- * Trap the Soul Imprisons subject within gem.
* discern location Exact location of creature or object.
- * antipathy Object or location affected by spell repels certain creatures.
- * Binding Array of techniques to imprison a creature.
- * Demand As sending, plus you can send suggestion.
- * Mass Charm As charm monster, but all within 30 ft.
- * irresistible dance Forces subject to dance.
- * sympathy Object or location attracts certain creatures.
* sunburst Blinds all within 10 ft., deals 3d6 damage.
* create greater undead Mummies, specters, vampires, or ghosts.
- * Iron Body Your body becomes living iron.
- * polymorph any object Changes any subject into anything else.
* Symbol Triggered runes have array of effects.
9TH-LEVEL ASTROLOGER SPELLS
- * Freedom Releases creature suffering imprisonment.
- * imprisonment Entombs subject beneath the earth.
- * mage’s disjunction Dispels magic, disenchants magic items.
- * Gate Connects two planes for travel or summoning.
- * greater planar ally As lesser planar ally, but up to 24 HD.
- * power word, kill Kills one tough subject or many weak ones.
- * storm of vengeance Storm rains acid, lightning, and hail.
* Foresight Sixth sense warns of impending danger.
* Meteor Swarm Deals 24d6 fire damage, plus bursts.
* Simulacrum Creates partially real double of creature.
- * Astral Projection Projects you and companions into Astral Plane.
- * Soul Bind Traps newly dead soul to prevent resurrection.
- * Shapechange Transforms you into any creature, and change forms once per round.
- * Teleportation Circle Circle teleports any creature inside to designated spot.
- * Temporal Stasis Puts subject into suspended animation.
- * time stop You act freely for 1d4+1 rounds.
Create Spell Talisman [Item Creation, Exclusive]
Your mastery of certain spells allows you to create spell talismans, special reusable fetishes.
Prerequisites: Intelligence 12+, astrologer class
Benefit: You can Craft a number of spell talismans equal to your Intelligence modifier. A spell talisman can only hold one spell; you must specify the spell to be held while creating the talisman. A spell talisman costs the chosen spell’s level x 100 gp to make, and is crafted like an astrological fetish. If a spell talisman is lost or destroyed, the astrologer can create another for the same spell without having to take the Create Spell Talisman feat again. Like fetishes, spell talismans work only for their creator.
A spell talisman functions like a reusable astrological fetish. It can be reused indefinitely, an unlimited number of times per day. It can only be used for the spell specified during its creation. Additionally, the base time for creating formulae of the spell chosen is the formulas DC x 5, rather than x 10. You must have the spell talisman on your person in order to gain this additional benefit. For example, Asphodel takes Create Spell Talisman as his bonus feat at 10th level. His Intelligence modifier is +3, so he can make 3 spell talismans. He chooses to make talismans for the spells flame strike (costing 500 gp), Hold monster (400 gp), and prayer (300 gp). As long as he possesses those spell talismans, he no longer needs
to make fetishes for those three spells.
You may take this feat
more than once to create more talismans.
Domains: Knowledge, Luna, Sidereal, Sacred Geometry, and Sovereignty
Typical Followers: Star Worshipers
Description: Rather than serving a single deity, some clerics worship the heavens themselves. Star-worshiping clerics can be of any alignment, although neutral is the most common. The religions symbol is a bright star aloft in the heavens. A star worshipers favored weapon is the quarterstaff, as it is useful both for combat and for scratching sacred marks and calculations into the ground.
NEW DOMAIN: SACRED GEOMETRY
Geometry Domain Spells
secret doors Reveals hidden doors within 60 ft.
|2||zone of truth Subjects|
within range cannot lie.
|3||glyph of warding Inscription harms those who pass it.|
location as holy/unholy
|6||guards and wards Array|
of magic effects protect area
|7||Forcecage Cube of|
force imprisons all inside.
|8||antimagic field Negates|
magic within 10 ft.
Circle teleports any creature inside to designated spot.
NEW DOMAIN: LUNA
Deities: Gods and
goddesses of the moon, madness, secrets, and the underworld; star worship.
Granted Power: Astrology is a class skill. If cleric is of lawful or
good alignment, Turn or Destroy chaotic evil outsiders (such as demons) as a
good cleric Turns undead. If cleric is of any other alignment, Rebuke or Command
|1||Undetectable Aura Masks magic items aura.|
|2||hideous laughter Subject loses actions for 1d3 rounds.|
|3||bestow curse 6 to an ability; 4 on attacks, saves, and checks; or 50% chance of losing each action.|
|4||nondetection Hides subject from divination, scrying.|
Turns you invisible and creates illusory double.
shadow evocation As shadow evocation, but up to 5th level.
Subject suffers continuous confusion.
|8||antipathy Object or location affected by spell repels certain creatures.|
|9||weird As phantasmal|
killer, but affects all within 30 ft.
NEW DOMAIN: SIDEREAL
Deities: Gods and
goddesses of magic, travel, knowledge, and destiny; star worship.
Granted Power: Astrology is a class skill. All clerical spells prepared
directly under a clear, night-time sky are cast at +1 caster level. All clerical
spells cast directly under a clear, night-time sky are cast at an additional
+1 caster level. (These do not stack.)
|1||identify Determines single feature of magic item.|
|2||glitterdust Blinds creatures, outlines invisible creatures.|
curse Cures all diseases affecting subject
lightning Directs lightning bolts
(1d10/level) during storms.
shadow conjuration As shadow
conjuration, but up to 4th level and 40% real.
|6||geas/quest As lesser geas, plus it affects|
As Legend Lore, but quicker and
|8||sympathy Object or location attracts certain creatures.|
Connects two planes for travel or summoning.
NEW DOMAIN: SOVEREIGNTY
Deities: Gods and goddesses of the sun, war, nobility, Leadership; the ruling gods of a pantheon; star worship.
Granted Power: Astrology is a class skill. Rebuke or Command humanoid creatures (or monstrous humanoid if cleric is a monstrous humanoid) with the same alignment as the character as an evil cleric Rebukes undead. Will saving throw vs. turning check negates.
|Sovereignty Domain Spells|
|1||True Strike – Adds +20 bonus to your next attack roll.|
|2||Aid – +1 attack, +1 on saves against fear, 1d8 temporary hit points.|
|3||suggestion – Compels subject to follow stated course of action.|
|4||divine power You gain attack bonus, 18 Strength, and 1 hp/level.|
|5||Righteous Might Your size increases, and you gain +4 Strength.|
|6||Hero’s Feast Food for one creature/level cures and blesses.|
|7||Demand As sending, plus you can send suggestion.|
|8||sunburst Blinds all within 10 ft., deals 3d6 damage.|
monster, but all within 30 ft.