Spell, Bestow Curse
Level: Witch 3, Cleric 3, Sorcerer/Wizard 4
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Target: Creature touched
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
You place a curse on the subject. Choose one of the following three effects.
- -6 decrease to an ability score (minimum 1).
- -4 penalty on attack rolls, saves, ability checks, and skill checks.
- Each turn, the target has a 50% chance to act normally; otherwise, it takes no action.
You may also invent your own curse, but it should be no more powerful than those described above.
Bestow curse counters remove curse.
New options uses for this spell
The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks
By Timothy S. Brannan and The Netbook of Witches and Warlocks Team
Full netbook can be found on the followng website
Witches are famous (or infamous) for their curses. Witch players are encouraged to come up with unique and specific curses. Some suggestions are:
- The witch can target any specific skill or feat and inflect a -10 penalty.
- The target becomes unlucky. Every non-combat role receives a -5 penalty.
- The target is cursed with embarrassing themselves in all social situations. Inappropriate bodily noises, devices fail to work, spill drinks, food.
- The target can’t help but shout everything they are trying to say.
- The curse effects the target’s family line instead.
- The curse has a delayed onset or will only begin under certain circumstances.
- The curse can only be removed under special circumstances.