This spell transforms the target into an axiomatic creature – a perfect version of itself.
(Book of Exalted Deeds, p. 91)
Originally posted on D&D tools
Level: Cleric 8, Sorcerer, Wizard 8,
Components: V, S, M, XP, Archon
Casting Time: 1 round
Target: One corporeal creature of lawful or neutral alignment that is native to the Material Plane
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
The spell rids the creature of noticeable flaws, makes its fur or scales appear shinier, and so forth. Animals touched by this spell become magical beasts, but otherwise the creature’s type is unchanged. If the target has an Intelligence of 2 or less, the spell imbues the target with an Intelligence of 3.
Creating an Axiomatic Creature
“Axiomatic” is an inherited template that can be added to any corporeal animal, aberration, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, plant or vermin of lawful or neutral alignment. An axiomatic creature uses all the base creature’s statistics and abilities except as noted here. Do not recalculate the creature’s Hit Dice, base attack bonus, saves or skills if its type changes.
Special Attacks: An anarchic creature retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following attack.
Smite Chaos (Su): Once per day an anarchic creature can make a normal melee attack to deal extra damage equal its HD (maximum +20) against a chaotic foe.
Special Qualities: An anarchic creature retains all special qualities of the base creature and also gains the following qualities:
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Damage reduction (see the table below).
- Resistance to acid, cold and fire (see the table below).
- Spell Resistance equal to the base creature’s HD + 5.
|Hit Dice||Resistance to Acid, Cold and Fire||Damage Reduction|
If the base creature already has one or more of these special qualities, use the better value.
If an anarchic creature gains damage reduction, its natural weapons are treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
- Abilities: Same as the base creature, but Intelligence is at least 3.
- Environment: Any law aligned plane.
- Challenge Rating: HD 3 or less, as base creature; HD 4-7, as base creature +1; HD 8+, as base creature +2.
- Alignment: Always lawful (any).
- Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +2.
- Material Component: A diamond wand worth at least 10,000 gp.
- XP Cost: 1,000 XP.