Acid Orb Lesser
(Tome and Blood: A Guidebook to Wizards and Sorcerers)
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: Up to five creatures or objects, no two of which can be more than 15 ft. apart
Saving Throw: Fortitude half
Spell Resistance: Yes
An orb of acid about 2 inches across shoots from your palm at its target, dealing 1d8 points of acid damage.
- You must succeed at a ranged touch attack to hit your target.
- If you miss, there is no splash damage.
- For every two levels of experience past 1st, you gain an additional orb that you shoot at the same time. You have two at 3rd level, three at 5th level, four at 7th level, and the maximum of five orbs at 9th level or higher.
- If you shoot multiple orbs, you can have them strike a single creature or several creatures.
- A single orb can strike only one creature.
- You must designate targets before you roll for SR or roll damage.