One or more orbs of acid about 3 inches across shoot from your palm at their targets.
(Tome and Blood: A Guidebook to Wizards and Sorcerers)
Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4,
Components: V, S,
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One or more creatures or objects, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
Saving Throw: Fortitude half (see text)
Spell Resistance: Yes
- You must succeed at a ranged touch attack to hit your target.
- The orbs deal a total of 1d6 points of acid damage per caster level (maximum 15d6), divided any way you see fit, but a single orb must deal at least 1d6 points of damage.
- You declare the damage division before making your attack rolls.
- A creature struck directly takes the orb’s damage and becomes nauseated from the acid’s noxious fumes for 1 round.
- A successful Fortitude save reduces damage by half and negates the nausea.
- If you miss, acid splashes in a 10-foot burst, dealing 2 points per die of damage dealt by that orb.
- A successful Reflex reduces splash damage by half.