Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
“If I am the chief of sinners, I am the chief of sufferers also.”
The elderly gentleman who struggles with the dual nature of his personality. Although very kind and friendly to his friends, Dr. Jekyll has a dark side which he chooses to express in the person of Mr. Hyde. Although he valiantly tries to keep Mr. Hyde bottled up inside, eventually the dark side of his personality wins, threatening his well-being and even his life.
The ugly sadistic man who commits the acts of brutality and murder throughout the story. Mr. Hyde is created when Dr. Jekyll drinks a special chemical solution, subsequently turning himself into this other creature. Mr. Hyde is hated by everyone he meets, even at first glance. Although they can’t name it, those around him sense something profoundly evil about his demeanor.
Mr. Hyde (template)
You hear the faint sound of movement above you and notice a man jumping from building top to building top with exceptional ease. The man suddenly turns around, and you are shocked to find that me looks more like a Neanderthal than any man you have ever encountered. He glides down fro the roof top and charges forward – looking for a fight.
Originally Posted by Darknecromancer of the Wizards Community forums.
On this Thread
Dr. Jekyll didn’t know what he was getting himself into when he tested a news solution on himself. At first it had no effect, but soon enough, be felt something within him change and then he lost consciousness. Dr. Jekyll succeeded in separating the evil from the good in him, however, the evil could posses his body at seemingly random times, going on horrible killing sprees. This Creature was named Mr. Hyde.
Mr. Hyde is a template that can be added to any good or neutral-aligned humanoid. It is an acquired template that is only achieved by separating the good and evil inside of a person, usually through a special potion.
- Hit Dice: as base creature
- Speed: add Climb speed 20 when changed
- Armor Class: same as base creature
- Attacks: when changed, the base creature gains a slam attack.
- Special Qualities: The Change, Leaping
- Saves: as base creature: adjusted by stats when changed
- Abilities: when change is in effect- Strength+6, Dexterity+4, Constitution+4, Intelligence-4, Wisdom+2, Charisma-2
- Skills: when change is in effect- +4 Jump, Listen and Spot
- Feats: when change in effect- add Diehard
- Challenge Rating: +1 when changed
- Alignment: when changed- Opposite of base creature (lawful to chaotic, good & neutral to evil, etc.)
- The Change: whenever someone who has gained the Hyde template is under stress, is frustrated, or sometimes for no reason at all, they transform into a more feral version of themselves. They look similar to their normal selves, but are very hairy and have horrible teeth. In this form, their ability scores, skills, feats etc. change as noted above. This is a completely different creature from the base creature, although it shares their memories. The base creature does not remember what they did while their ‘Hyde’ was controlling their body.
- Leaping: when Mr. Hyde comes out, the creature is no longer limited by their height when making Jump checks and may take a 10, even when threatened or distracted.
|Dr. Jekyll (level 4 expert/Mr. Hyde)|
|Hit Dice||4d4 (10)|
|Initiative||+1 (+1 Dexterity)|
|Armor Class||11 (+1 Dexterity), touch 11, flat-footed 10|
|Attack||Unarmed +4 melee (1d3 +1)|
|Full Attack||unarmed +4 melee (1d3 +1)|
|Space/Reach||5 ft/ 5 ft|
|Special Qualities||The Change, Leaping|
|Saves||Fort +1, Ref +2, Will +3|
|Abilities||Strength 12, Dexterity 13, Constitution 10, Intelligence 15, Wisdom 8, Charisma 14|
|Skills||Alchemy +11,Escape Artist +8, Hide +8, Jump +8, Listen +6, Move |
Silently +8, Search +9, Spot +6
|Feats||Brew Potion, Skill |
|Organization||Solitary, Drinking Party (1 plus 3 commoners)|
|Challenge Rating||3 (5)|
|Alignment||Neutral good/ Chaotic evil|
|Advancement||By Character Class|
Dr. Jekyll never gets into fights and is an upstanding member of the community – until Mr. Hyde decides to go for a walk and takes over his body. Mr. Hyde has none of the poor doctor’s compassion and often commits heinous crimes while he is free.
- The Change: described above
- Leaping: described above