The Romans worship the same major gods as Greece but under their own names
|Roman Name||Greek Name|
They also have there own Gods
- Abundantia -Goddess of good fortune, abundance and prosperity.
- Bellona – War goddess.
- Bona Dea – the perpetually virginal goddess, associated with virginity and fertility in women invoked for healing and for freedom from slavery; many of her worshippers
were freed slaves and plebeians, and many were women seeking aid in sickness or for fertility.
- Cloacina – goddess who presided over the Cloaca Maxima, the system of sewers in Rome.
- Consus – protector of grains and (subterranean) storage bins (silos), and as such was represented by a corn seed.
- Luna (Selene)
- Mars – The Roman warrior god
- Pomona – Pomona was the goddess of plenty
- Silvanus – God of nature and the woods
The Italians have several Gods from other nations
- Cybele -Great mother goddess originally from The Amazons lands
- Mithras -God of soldiers and armies, who was originally from Troy known to his followers as the “lord of light”
- Sol Invictus – Trojan god introduced to Romans by the emperor