Power Attack (General)
“Power Attack: Unleash Devastating Blows with This Game-Changing Feat!”
Prerequisite: Strength 13 or higher
You can make mighty swings with your melee weapons to deal devastating blows, sacrificing accuracy for increased damage.
- When you make a melee weapon attack with a two-handed weapon or a versatile weapon (using both hands), you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the damage dealt.
- If you have multiple attacks during your turn, you can use this feat with each of them, applying the penalty and bonus damage separately to each attack.
- You cannot use Power Attack with a ranged weapon, natural weapons, or when you are making an opportunity attack.
- If you have the Great Weapon Master feat, the bonus damage from both feats does not stack. You must choose to use either the Power Attack bonus damage or the Great Weapon Master bonus damage on a successful attack.
- When making a Power Attack, you cannot use any other feature or ability that requires a bonus action to be used in the same turn.
Prerequisite: Strength 13.
Benefit: On your action, before making attack rolls for a round, you may choose to subtract a number from all melee attack rolls and add the same number to all melee damage rolls. This number may not exceed your base attack bonus. The penalty on attacks and bonus on damage apply until your next turn.
Special: If you attack with a two-handed weapon, or with a one-handed weapon wielded in two hands, instead add twice the number subtracted from your attack rolls. You can’t add the bonus from Power Attack to the damage dealt with a light weapon (except with unarmed strikes or natural weapon attacks), even though the penalty on attack rolls still applies. (Normally, you treat a double weapon as a one-handed weapon and a light weapon. If you choose to use a double weapon like a two-handed weapon, attacking with only one end of it in a round, you treat it as a two-handed weapon.)