Men of Iron… Blades of Steel.
The Green Knight challenges King Arthur’s knights. But only young Gawain accepts and decapitates him. The knight takes his head and now gives Gawain one year to learn about virtues, knighthood and then face the challenge himself.
Sword of the Valiant: The Legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight is a 1984 dramatic fantasy film directed by Stephen Weeks and starring Miles O’Keeffe, Trevor Howard, Lila Kedrova, Cyrielle Clair, Leigh Lawson, Peter Cushing, and Sean Connery. The film is loosely based on the poem Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, written in the late 14th century, but the narrative differs substantially. It was the second time Weeks had adapted the traditional tale into a film. His first effort was Gawain and the Green Knight (1973).
- Miles O’Keeffe as Sir Gawain
- Cyrielle Clair as Linet
- Leigh Lawson as Humphrey
- Sean Connery as The Green Knight
- Trevor Howard as King Arthur
- Peter Cushing as Seneschal – Gaspar
- Ronald Lacey as Oswald
- Lila Kedrova as Lady of Lyonesse
- John Rhys-Davies as Baron Fortinbras
- Wilfrid Brambell as Porter
- Bruce Lidington as Sir Bertilak
- Douglas Wilmer as The Black Knight
- Brian Coburn as Friar Vosper
- David Rappaport as Sage
- Emma Sutton as Morgan La Fay