This creature has the slender upper body of an elf and the lower body of a deer.
One of a group of nymphs that preside over mountain vales glens and groves where herds graze. They like to scare travelers, they are attendants of Pan and are often found in the company of Pan and his satyrs.
Alseid CR 1/2
Alseid ranger 1
CN Medium monstrous humanoid
Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +9
AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +3 Dex)
hp 6 (1d10+1)
Fort +1, Ref +5, Will +5
Speed 40 ft.
Melee longspear +2 (1d8+1/×3)
Ranged composite shortbow +4 (1d6+1/×3)
Special Attacks favored enemy (magical beast +2)
Str 13, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 8
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 15 (19 vs. trip)
Feats Point-Blank Shot
Skills Heal +7, Knowledge (nature) +3, Perception +9, Stealth +9, Survival +7; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, +2 Stealth
Languages Common, Elven
SQ track, wild empathy +0, woodfriend
When in a forest, alseid leave no tracks and automatically discern true north.
Environment any forest
Organization solitary, pair, band (3–6), or tribe (7–20 plus 3 hunters of 3rd level and 1 leader of 6th level)
Treasure NPC gear (composite shortbow [+1 Str] with 20 arrows, longspear, studded leather, other treasure)
Alseid are the graceful woodland cousins to centaurs. Because they are rarely seen far from the wooded glades they call home, they are sometimes called “grove nymphs,” despite being more closely related to elves than nymphs.
Alseid see the forest as an individual and a friend. They are suspicious of outsiders who do not share this view. Lost travelers who demonstrate deep respect for the forest may spot a distant alseid’s white tail and chase after it as it bounces toward a road that leads out of the forest.
Disrespectful strangers may follow the same tail to their doom. Male alseid have antlers growing from their foreheads. These antlers grow very slowly, branching every 10 years for the first century of life. Further points only develop with the blessings of the forest. No 14-point imperial alseid are known to exist, but many tribes are governed by princes with 13 points. Because antlers signify status, alseid never use them in combat. Cutting an alseid’s antlers is one of the direst punishments an alseid can receive. Elf rangers have reported a lone alseid exile, wandering the forest, its antlers sawn off near the scalp.
Alseid have a deep connection with the magic of the forest. Their leaders favor the druid and ranger classes.
Alseid are defined by their class levels – they do not possess racial HD. They have the following racial traits:
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence: Alseid are mobile and wise, but they rely more on instinct than logic.
- Medium: Alseid are Medium creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Quadruped: Alseid receive a +4 bonus to their CMD to resist trip attacks.
- Fast: Alseid are fast for their size and have a base speed of 40 ft.
- Darkvision: Alseid can see in the dark up to 60 ft.
- Alseid Magic: Alseid add +1 to the DC of any saving throw against Old World spells that they cast while in the forest.
- Woodfriend: See Special Abilities.
- Skilled: Alseid receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception and Stealth skill checks.
- Weapon Familiarity: Alseid are proficient with all spears and shortbows (including composite shortbows).
- Languages: Alseid begin lay speaking Common and Elven. Those with high Intelligence scores can chose from the following: Briarclick (the language of Children of the Briar), Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, and Sylvan.
Section 15: Copyright Notice
Midgard Bestiary for Pathfinder RPG, (c) 2012 Open Design LLC; Author: Adam Daigle with Chris Harris, Michael Kortes, James MacKenzie, Rob Manning, Ben McFarland, Carlos Ovalle, Jan Rodewald, Adam Roy, Christina Stiles, James Thomas, and Mike Welham.