The elves surround you in perfect silence, their movements as much a part of nature as the night and the moon. They appear as normal elves, only their skins are completely white and their clothing, eyes and lustrous hair are the deepest black. They look at you unemotionally and begin casting combat spells‘
Monster Encyclopaedia II: The Dark Bestiary
Author J. C. Alvarez
Series Monster Encyclopaedia
Publisher Mongoose Publishing
Publish date 2005
Dopkalfar elves are, like drow, evil members of the elven race. The main difference between drow and dopkalfar is the latter’s greater love for nature and its creations, including a greater tolerance of outdoor environments. Nevertheless, the dopkalfar also spend most of their time underground, venturing on the surface world mainly by night. Dopkalfar elves look like negative-image drow, with ghostly bluewhite skin and raven black hair, their blank eyes reflecting the moonlight in an eerie, unnatural way. Their clothes are fine, yet practical, as they have high aesthetic tastes but also need to spend a lot of time exploring and travelling, both in the open and underground. Therefore they usually wear black, both because it is elegant and because it helps their stealth.
Dopkalfar elves speak Elven. Most of them, but not all, speak Common and Draconic as well.
1st Level Warrior
|Hit Dice||1d8-1 (3 hp)|
|Speed||30 ft. (6 squares)|
|AC||15 (+2 Dexterity, +3 masterwork studded leather armour), touch 12, flat-footed 13|
|Attack||Rapier +2 melee (1d6-1/18-20) or darkwood crossbow +4 ranged (1d8/19-20)|
|Full Attack||Rapier +2 melee (1d6-1/18-20) or darkwood crossbow +4 ranged (1d8/19-20)|
|Space/Reach||5 ft. /5 ft.|
|Special Attacks||Spell-like abilities|
|Special Qualities||Darkvision 60 ft. dopkalfar traits|
|Saves||Fort +1, Ref +2, Will -1|
|Abilities||Strength 12, Dexterity 15, Constitution 8, Intelligence 11, Wisdom 8, Charisma 13|
|Skills||Hide +6, Listen +3, Move Silently +6, Spot +3|
|Environment||Nocturnal forests and underground|
|Organisation||Patrol (3-8), party (5-12 plus one 2nd level leader), company (11-20 plus one 3rd level sergeant and one 4th level leader) or band (20-80 plus two 3rd level sergeants, one 4th level lieutenant and one 6th-7th level leader)|
|Alignment||Usually neutral evil|
|Advancement||By character class|
Challenge Rating: Dopkalfar with Non-Player Character class levels have a Challenge Rating equal to their character level. Dopkalfar with Player Character class levels have a Challenge Rating equal to their character level +1.
Dopkalfar troops favour Stealthy and efficient tactics, attempting to dispatch their enemies as quickly and silently as possible. They prefer light armour, preferably masterwork studded leather. They carry rapiers and darkwood crossbows.
Dopkalfar Traits: Dopkalfar characters have a high elf’s racial traits, except as follows:
- +2 Dexterity,
- -2 Constitution,
- +2 Intelligence,
- +2 Charisma. Dopkalfar are fragile and flimsy as the night wind but their minds and bodies are quick and nimble. They also have a supernatural, dark charm about them.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet. This trait replaces a high elf’s Low-Light Vision.
- +4 on all Hide and Move Silently checks. This is in addition to a high elf’s racial skill bonuses. In dimly lit or darker areas, the Hide bonus rises to +8.
- Spell-Like Abilities: Dopkalfar characters with a Charisma score of at least 10 may cast the following spells, once each per day: daze, flare, ray of frost. Caster level always equals one, regardless of the dopkalfar’s actual level.
- Weapon Proficiency: Dopkalfar characters are automatically proficient with the longsword, rapier, short sword and crossbow. This trait replaces a high elf’s automatic weapon proficiencies.
- Automatic languages: Elven. Bonus languages: Common, Draconic, Giant, Sylvan, Terran, Undercommon.
- Favoured class: ranger. This replaces a high elf’s favoured class.
- Level Adjustment: +1.