This immense snake has a body thicker than a man’s torso, colored with rainbow hues. Its head is like that of a flightless bird, although it is decorated with earrings and other jewelry.
Taken from the Creature Codex
Sinister masters of weather and water, the falajitax are monstrous snakes that use their elemental mastery to manipulate peoples and events. They are common to tropical seasonal forests, preferring those close to drier plains and agricultural land. They happily trade their mastery of weather in exchange for treasure, slaves and political power, and those that refuse to treat with them find themselves trapped in a magically engineered drought. A falajitax is an accomplished shape-shifter, and uses this ability to appear in a less frightening form when undergoing negotiations, or to deceive its foes.
The control over water possessed by a falajitax can protect them from harm and launch devastating blasts at their foes, but the strangest and most feared power of a falajitax is their ability to control men and beasts like puppets. Their tail ends in a sphincter that unfolds to reveal dozens of sensitive tendrils, which can fire through a creature’s body and take over its nervous system. These cannot burrow through skin, so must be inserted into a creature via an orifice such as the nose or ears—falajitax that wish to hide their control over a creature elect to use lower holes and conceal their presence. A falajitax frequently keeps access to a number of slaves it can possess and control in such a way, but some creatures willingly enter into a pact with a falajitax, serving as its puppet in exchange for wealth or power.
A falajitax grows up to twenty-five feet long and weighs three tons. They are vain creatures and can change the color of their scales to suit their mood, albeit slowly. Despite their snake-like appearance, their anatomies are nothing akin to that of normal creatures—their three hearts are kept at the base of their tails.
Falajitax CR 12
LE Large aberration (water)
Init +11; Senses darkvision 60 ft, Perception +21
AC 27, touch 16, flat-footed 27(-1 size, +7 Dex, +7 armor, +4 natural)
hp 172 (15d8+105)
Fort +12, Ref +14, Will +12
Defensive Abilities alien anatomy, shroud of water, uncanny dodge
Immune mind-influencing effects
Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft., climb 30 ft.
Melee bite +17 (1d8+5 plus 2d6 bludgeoning plus grab), tail slap +12 (2d6+2 plus 2d6 bludgeoning)
Ranged water blast +17 (8d6+13)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 10 ft.
Special Abilities constrict (2d6+7), grisly puppeteer, hydrokinesis, infusions (extended range, kinetic fist, pushing infusion, quenching infusion, snake, spray), swallow whole (2d6+7 bludgeoning damage, AC 12, 17 hp)
Spell-like Abilities CL 15th, concentration +20
At will—control water
3/day—heroism, suggestion (DC 18)
Str 21, Dex 25, Con 25, Int 18, Wis16, Cha 20
Base Atk +11; CMB +17 (+21 grappling); CMD 38
Feats Blind-fight,Defensive Combat Training, Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes, Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Vital Strike, Weapon Finesse
Skills Acrobatics +23,Bluff +20, Climb +17, Diplomacy +20, Intimidate +23, Knowledge (nature) +22, Perception +21, Sense Motive +18, Stealth +25, Swim +17; Racial Modifiers +4 Stealth
Languages Aklo, Aquan, Common, Draconic
SQ amphibious, change shape (humanoid or animal, polymorph), utility wild talents (basic hydrokinesis, kinetic cover, kinetic healer, shimmering mirage, slick, suffocate, watersense)
Environment warm forests and swamps
Treasure double standard
- Alien Anatomy (Ex) A falajitax has a 75% chance to ignore any critical hit or sneak attack made against it.
- Grisly Puppeteer (Ex) As a standard action, a falajitax can insert its tail tip into a helpless, pinned or willing creature. An unwilling creature can resist this with a DC 22 Will save. On a failed save, the creature is dominated by the falajitax, as per the dominate monster spell, except that this does not count as a compulsion effect for the purposes of protection from evil or similar effects. In order to maintain the effect, the falajitax must keep the creature within its reach or space. The falajitax does not need to have a common language with the creature to convey detailed instructions, nor does it require an action to change commands. This is a mind-influencing effect. The save DC is Charisma based.
- Hydrokinesis (Sp, Su) A falajitax has access to a variety of wild talents as if it were a 15th level kineticist. It can use the water simple blast at no burn cost. It gains access to defensive talents, infusions and wild talents as listed under its special abilities, but does not gain any other abilities of a 15th level kineticist.
- Infusions (Su) A falajitax has access to the kineticist form and substance infusions listed in its Special Attacks entry, which it can apply to any of the blasts granted by its hydrokinesis ability without needing to accept burn. This applies to only the base burn cost; a falajitax can’t accept additional burn to gain a greater effect with infusions such as pushing infusion.
- Shroud of Water (Su) This ability functions as the kineticist defensive wild talent of the same name.
- Utility Wild Talents (Sp, Su) A falajitax gains access to the kineticist utility wild talents listed in its SQ entry.